I have been suffering for the past 5 years with a chronic pain along the rib cage and upper shoulder area. Every pain medication that I have tried is in court now because its caused such serious side effects. I tried a new med called Durabac. About 2 weeks into it, I was having strange fluttering in my chest and woke up a few nights with acid reflux. As soon as I stopped taking the med, it stopped. I am getting extremely discouraged. I have to take a med that doesn't make me silly, because I have to work full time and frankly I hate feeling that way. But I am running out of options because either the available meds don't work, will kill me, or will make me high. Does anyone know any other pain med that might help? Just a side note, its been diagnosed as thorasic nerve damage. I also have tried Loratab and Daveset and it doesn't help at all.

Hi there! It must be awfull for you having to put up with this pain for such a long time!!! Have you tried acupuncture? Whenever we are supposed to travel on vacation my father would get this backache and he couldn't move. Then his friends practically took him to the acupuncturist and after a couple of sessions...it would go away!!!! MAybe you should give it a try as well!!!