Hi! Recently, my gynecologist told me that I have cervical dysplasia. He also told me that dysplasia can develop into cancer. Is there any relation between dysplasia and sex?

Hi! First I must tell you that early diagnosis is most important. I have succeeded to cure dysplasia in early stage. I also regular go on exam. There is relation between sex and dyspalasia. Several risk factors have been linked to dysplasia including multiple sexual partners, early onset of sexual activity, cigarette smoking, and sexually transmitted diseases, especially human papillomavirus (HPV) and HIV infection. Cervical dysplasia is a term used to describe the appearance of abnormal cells on the surface of the cervix, the lowest part of the uterus. Left untreated, dysplasia sometimes progresses to an early form of cancer known as cervical carcinoma in situ, and eventually to invasive cervical cancer.