This post is an extension of the
Earlobe Bump thread.

Please continue posting within this thread.

Hi I have similar symptoms, also 15 although I think I might have had one of these when I was 14. I seem to have these bumps once about every 3-4 months. I have had some similar bumps on my neck, not sure if they were the same thing. I'm a bit bad with pain, only moderate tolerance, but I would like to try the home-surgery option. For reference, the most home surgery I have ever done is putting staples in the pores of my nose to release pus and slicing off a piece of hardened skin on my foot. (The hardened skin is mostly just a shell so you don't really feel anything).

In short, I like fixing these small things myself but I think I might have a problem with the pain... I've never actually made an incision on skin that actually hurts when cut before.

I'd like to know whether it's easier to cut from the front or the back of the earlobe, and if so, should I actually make a slash cut across it or should I just poke a hole in it with a staple? What should I expect to find? Will there be a lot of bleeding?

Uhm.. I hope you know what it is before you go trying to remove it, if it is further up than your earlobe, then it might be a lymph node, and they are meant to be there, just means your body is fighting of some kind of infection.

And you have several lymph nodes on your neck... so if it feels like the same... then I would recommend leaving it alone.