I've been vegetarian for about 3 years now and recently I've been experiencing a series of symptoms, but I'd like to know if at least a few of them would be because of something I've been taking recently. 

symptoms: 
hot flashes 
dizzy when standing up 
loss of appetite 
shortness of breath 
occasional increased heart rate 
chest tightness 

About a week ago I started experiencing those more often, including some that I hadn't before at all (hot flashes and chest tightness) right after starting to take vitamins. The vitamins I'm taking are One A Day Teen Advantage [for her] (I'm a 14-year-old girl). I looked more carefully at the container today, and the ingredient is just a variety of fish. And I know, it's not as if I'm eating straight up meat, and one tablet wouldn't seem to do much, and that's where I get confused. Could taking these vitamins have anything to do with the symptoms I'm experiencing? Or what else could possibly be causing this?

I must admit I was bit baffled with "fish (and named species)" listed as an ingredient of an OTC more or less regular teen multivitamin, until I figured that they had to say the fish because of the vitamin D3 - the one that we need to keep our bones developing (I know it from fish oil capsules). But, I really really doubt that any of these ingredients alone, or in combination could have caused these symptoms, because the amount of "fish" in one pill is less than a few speckles of dust, so...
However, have you done general blood test recently? The symptoms you describe sound to me like iron deficiency anemia, your family doctor can easily determine that and give you only the supplements you really need.

That was just a guess for me, because I had absolutely no idea what could be causing it. And I still don't know what is.
I don't go to the doctor, so I haven't had a blood test done recently. It would probably be a good idea. I'm just constantly dizzy, the other symptoms haven't been as serious though. Thing is, I haven't taken the vitamins for a few days now..

I think that it's something normal in the beginning. My friend who had been a vegetarian for over six years suddenly decided to go back to meat and he noticed almost the same symptoms as you did.

well I'm not trying to start eating meat again, I'm just trying to figure out why I have those symptoms, and that was just my guess of why