I am 28 and am diagnosed with multiple sclerosis and am on medications and antidepressants. But I started to consider the fact that also what I eat might somehow affect my condition. So, would therapy with diet changes help?

I am also diagnosed with MS and besides medications I also try to keep some special diet that excludes food containing gluten for people with MS they are usually sensitive to such a food. I also try to avoid smoking, and drinking coffee and alcohol in fact I stopped smoking at all for it is proved that smoking might fasten the MS attacks and may worsen its symptoms. I tried to intake normal levels of omega-6 and omega-3 essential fatty acids for they are thought they reduce the frequency of MS attacks and also shorten and reduce the severity of the attacks duration. Also taking antioxidants is very important. Anyway I could recommend to you Swank MS diet that offers some main steps or rules that are to be followed if you want to gain the results regarding reduced MS attacks and its severity and frequency, so in general it is important that your MS diet has high protein levels and also anti –inflammatory oils such as seeds, nuts and cold water fish, you’re allowed to have big amounts of vegetables especially orange, yellow and dark green colored ones. And I also tried to eat whole grains-even eating pasta and rice of whole grains is allowed and of course you try to give it up eggs except the white part, chocolate, soy, corn and fatty fish. There’s a book called Swank MS diet book, buy it and that’s where you find the main rules of diet MS changes especially regarding the first year of the diet.