I am scheduled to have an endometrial ablation using the Nova Sure method on October 19th. My gynecologist looks inside the uterus with a hysteroscope and removes any small polyps or fibroids first, then she does a D&C to obtain a sample to rule out pathology, and then she does the Nova Sure endometrial ablation method. I have to have general anesthesia which scares me. One of my greatest concerns is whether there can be any sexual satisfaction side effects afterwards, and how much greater statistical risk of uterine perforation or thermal injury I have since I had one low transverse c-section before.

Anonymous wrote:

how did it go?

I had a very similar procedure done in August. Still having a very light period but have noticed increased pain during my period. This month pretty severe. No side effects related to sex...had a ligation at the same time.

I just recently had an endometrial ablation, D & C, and a tubal, can i resume normal sexual activity and when ?

Guest wrote:

Guest wrote:

Guest wrote:

Hi, I had the procedure done in aug. so far my only complaint is that sex does not feel the same, it's like I am numb and have no feeling. Does anyone else have anything like this?

so i am scheduled to get one on the 10th   do u recomend it or not  i am only 23 years old   what do u think i should do

Quote:

I had the tubal and an ablation. Can no longer have an O. Which is something i have NEVER had a problem with before. Have tried everything. Nothing works now. Does anybody know why?

Funny you mention havin an O; that part is still fine, but everytime I do I start bleeding or discharging the brown clumpy stuff. Does this mean that everytime I have sex I'm going to bleed on some level or another? This is a tad bit of a turn off for some let alone the messiness! Is this the norm for me now? Anyone? Anyone at all who can relate?

Did you have the ablation done? I am surprised that it would be suggested at such a young age since it will end your child bearing potential.

I have just has the ablison done 6/19/2013 and i am having the watery discharge iam also 26 with 4 kids and hade very heavly cycles and paind when i did not have a cycle and i want to have sex doctors say wait a week and am not sure me and my hubby can wait that long has anyone had sex before the doctold them to?

I CAN RELATE TO THIS,IVE EXPERIENCED THE SAMETHING,WHEN EVER I HAD SEX WITH MY HUSBAND I WOULD BECOME FEARFUL OF BEING TOUCH. I DO LIGHT SPOT SOME DAYS.I WONDERING ALSO WHAT IS THAT BROWN CLUMPY STUFF,AND HOW LONG SHOULD YOU WAIT TO HAVE SEX?

I had my uteral ablation in February 14. heal beautifully with no upward issues. Less then several weeks resumes sex and found that it actually better than before. Reaching an O took sometime. Nine months later Im finding that it still takes time but it happens. I believe it depends on how well you heal and or are pre menopausal. I fell in the 60 percental so I dont have a cycle at all. A plus. My doc has no concerns about hormone treatments. So there is good in this procedure. So very glad I had it done