I had a novasure endometrial ablation in feb 08. the doc told me

1) I had dysfunction ovaries, but have had three subsequent opinions and told this is an inconsistent finding.
2) He also said he removed much endometriosis and I have never had any problems with this. Was not a finding on previous laproscopy, never had any pain from it. He cauterized what he did find.
3) I had polycystic ovaries. One was drained at 100 cc. the other wasn't told what size it was.
4) had a d&C

I had an excellent recovery post op and was very excited except for the yellow watery discharge. I have continued to have a continuous 2-3 panty liners a day of yellow discharge. I have been to two GYN one of which sent me to a urogyn in indianapolis. After having my urethra catheterized multiple times for incontinence testing, he sent me to have a study for urgency, control, etc. It was negative. He sent me to physical therapy 4 times for an hour each at $300 each for the therapist with the exception of one electrical stimulation therapy of 10 minutes spent her entire time teaching me how to do kegels when I open the door, bend down, walk on the side walk, etc. you get the picture. I was hot. He prescribed me 5 mg vesicare which had no noticeable affect, to increase it to 10 mg, which decreased urgency, but did nothing for the discharge. His final diagnosis was that the discharge was vaginal and not urethral and that I need to go back to my GYN.

I recently saw my gyn for a followup and he just laughed and told me to stock up on panty liners. Everything I have found on the internet says this vaginal discharge is abnormal. I am a medical transcriptionist for an allied health dept my point by this is I am not stupid. I know how to do my research.

I have found two things that I noticed post op. after intercourse I have an odor (fishy - I know gardernella has this exact same description, but could the ablation have caused this? It is said to be an STD or is there something else I have missed) I have had the same sex partner for 13 years and this was not a problem before.

The second thing is I have had 3 yeast infections in the last 6 months, but I do not have a "dry" vagina. If anything it is "wetter" since the surgery.

I am 43 and this perpetual panty liner with discharge is most frustrating. I paid $28K for my surgery only for someone to tell me I should have a hysterectomy!!!!!!!!!!! Are they kidding? A hysterectomy for a discharge?

i had a peeing problem after my novasure it took me a few weeks to figure out it is stemmming from my inner thigh mucsle pulling my bladder weird i know. the discharge i really dont know about but you can try another website on ablation

I have a similar problem. Please let me know if you hear anything or find out what the problem is... I'm headed to Urgent Care!

I had surgery on August 20th for a blocked fallopian tube on my left side. They ended up removing four cysts, and endometriosis and clearing the blocked fallopian tubes. On Monday the 24 I was feeling very nauseated and went in and my doctor (who did the surgery) gave me something for the nausea and said to stop taking the pain killers (he said that was what was making me feel bad). I seemed ok after this but was still having bleeding and discharge which I just thought was normal after all they had done. The next week 25,26 it seemed the bleeding had stopped but there was still some discharge. On Thursday , September 3,(exactly two weeks after the surgery) I went back in to the doctor because I was having a brown/ yellowish looking discharge and cramping and running a fever of 99.8 for over 24 hours. He said this was not surgery related (multiple times he said it was not surgery related even though I have never EVER had discharge of this nature before the surgery) . He did a battery of tests. Blood work, urine culture, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea …… All came back normal. They also did a urine test in the office and said that it indicated my white blood count to be high which would be a sign of infection but they did not give me anything to treat it. He said that a temperature of anything that is under 101 is not of concern. They called me this week 9/9/09 to let me know everything was negative. I am still having discharge. I have had intercourse one time with my boyfriend of five years and this was within the amount of time they had told me to wait (10 days and it was at 11 days on Sept. 2nd) and was before all the tests so we are both clean of any STDs that might be causing the discharge. On Friday September 11, I started having itching and burning and deiced maybe I just had a yeast infection from taking all the antibiotics during and after the surgery. I got some Monistat (three application). I used it on Friday night and all day Saturday I was still having the yellow discharge. I used it again on Saturday night before going to bed as well. I am having pain on my lower left side. Cramping, sharp pains, and aching. I’ve had digestive problems since the surgery as well. Trouble with going to the bathroom. That seems to be getting more normal finally after three weeks and three days. I bought some activa yogurt thinking maybe this would help. My last menstrual cycle was August 21st , (the day after the surgery) and my next cycle should be around the 18th or 19th. I"m so confused at why this is still an issues almost a month later after having out patient surgery that was not supposed to be too big of a deal.

Did I also mention that I felt very bloated?

jm2006 that sounds strange. Can you tell me if you changed birth control or anything like that? That's really the only thing I can think of off the top of my head. what do you think?

No change in B-control.

JM2006

I first want to say how sorry I am that you are going through so many problems. But it is a relief to know that I'm not the only one that is having these side effects to Nova Sure. I had the ablation done on Aug. 26th so it's been exactly 3 weeks now. Since then, I have a constant, heavy flow of discharge that is driving me crazy! Sometimes it is brownish yellow, at others clear or pink. But the flow never lets up. I've done as the doctor instructed, no baths, no douches, no sex. But the discharge has a foul odor to it that is very disgusting. I've never had this problem before. My doctor did testing for STD's before the surgery and everything is fine there. I have been married for the last 14 years with 4 kids. Since I've never had a problem with smelly discharge before, I don't understand how the Nova Sure caused it to happen. I've called my doctor who did the "well, let's just wait to see if it stops". Can anyone else please let me know if you've heard of this??? Or maybe if the discharge will stop soon??

I had the procedure July 3rd. I only had light discharge for about 3 days. I've had no bleeding whatsoever, which is GREAT. HOWEVER, I'm constantly bloated and have a paunch in the lower stomach area and still suffer the severe cramps I had before. I am greatful the bleeding is gone but, wish the doc would have done a hysterectomy instead. About a week ago a huge, painful lump showed up in one of my breasts. I'm trying to get in to a doctor now as the pain is intense - just the chest rising with breaths hurts and my arm is beginning to hurt. I just read that when the uterus sloughs off the lining during menstruation, the breasts absorbs fluid - that's why breast tenderness is a symptom of PMS, I reckon. Since, my uterus no long sloughs off the lining each month, is that fluid building up on my breast and causing the swelling and pain? Has anyone heard of anyone else that's had the procedure that is now confronted with breast lumps and pain?

Hi! What did you ever find out asan wtiology for your vaginal discharge/odor. I had ablation in October 2009 and also have had this yellow, very foul-smelling discharge. I have been on Flagyl twice, Keflex twice and Macrobid twice since October. never had this problem and pride myself on being a very clean person. But one doesn't feel very clean when their vagina smells like a swamp. Did you ever get any relief? If so, how? Thanks.

I had NOVASURE done on 1/22 and I have been suffering ever since. I started throwing up a lot and got dehydrated and ended up in the emergency room on 1/24 due to dehydration. The ER doctor told me I had an infection and needed to follow up with the dr. who did the procedure. So the next day I went back to the original doctor who did the procedure and he did tell me I had an infection and he put me on 2 different antibiotics, which I am currently taking. I had really bad cramping and on 1/25 around 3a.m. I discharged a huge amount of tissue/blood out of me which really freaked me out. I called my doctor the next day and he had me come into the office and did an ultrasound of my uterus. I feel really tired and drained and have gotten a little strength back today. I have also felt dizzy since the day after the procedure. And I have been bleeding since the procedure. I'm just praying that I will get better and will be able to go back to work hopefully next week. I thought this was supposed to be a simple procedure. Had I known that I would be suffering like this I would not have went through with it.

I had Novasure done last week 08/18/10. I have had the bloating lower abdomen, pressure and cramps and the yellow discharge. I went in to see the doctor again and she did an exam. The yellow discharge is the necrotic (dead) tissue coming out, it's not an infection. Some women have yellow and some clear. I also have to change pantie liners every hour. I was told not to have intercourse for a while so it can heal (at least one month). The discharge will last for at least a month. I have had bouts of nausea without vomiting. I am going to assume this gets better with time!

anonymous wrote:

4) had a d&C

Quote:

i'm 40 i had the ablation 2 years ago and once a month just like a period but no blood i have thick vaginal fluid and fishy smell with it which lasts 3 to 4 days i believe its because of the ablation , i've been to doctors and been fobbed off with having thrush i've had creams, gels , antibiotics , nothing seems to work ... just love a cure or comments from women with same symptoms ..

beverley40 wrote:

anonymous wrote:

4) had a d&C

Quote:

I had the Novasure procedure done March 18th, 2011..

Prior to that I had my tubes clamped by the same doctor.. (2007)

Both procedures went well.. tubes clamped pain was horrible..

*Novasure post op.. Im on my 4th wk post op.. I had a light bloody discharge, that turned into a dark brown discharge..

I started noticing I had a yeast infection or bacterical infection about 2-3 weeks post op.. Im known for these..

So it was a yeast infection, I wasnt giving anything after surgery and there was no pain! (Thankfully)

But the regular meds for yeast infection. Now Im having a yellow discharge, and it seems this may be finally

ending!! YAY!! Doctor checked me last week 3 wks in and said there is no smell which I dis-agreed!

So hopefully this yellow mess is not staying long and Im at the ending of the healing process..

Hope this helps?

Hello Ladies,

I had an ablation Mar 25th in London, Ont and all seemed well initally but I developed some complications. About a week after I had light pink discharge which I thought was the ending of the healing process....NOT! 2 days after thinking the discharge was going away, bleeding came back full force with pain. I landed in the ER and my doctor was consulted and he said this is normal and will go away...just hang in there. NOW! I have this nasty yellow discharge with the odour and it is driving me crazy. How can you have an intimate moment with knowing you have this issue even though you thoroughly cleansed your body daily. I called my doctor again and once again was told this yellow discharge and odour can happen, hang in there. Hysterectomy is not an option ladies, no matter what your friends say...it is your body, you have a right to preserve every part, with minimum stress on your body, mind and soul.

This problem needs a solution....can a Herbalist suggest something??? Some form of a cleanse orally or vaginally that would help this issue?? Someone, please help us!