Hello everyone, I would like to ask for your help/advice.

I am in my early twenties and I seem to have Angiokeratoma of the Scrotum. I have about 10-20 visible ones. They are cosmetically irritating and I am afraid how observant girls would react when they notice it. I think I had them for a few years already.

Since it seems that this is normal for men (though im not sure for my age) and is not really considered some kind of disease, is there any known way to reduce the visibility or gradually blend the color of the present ones aside from surgery and laser treatment? Application of a certain cream perhaps? The operations are pretty expensive and I do not have that kind of money. I was also wondering if there are any other young people who have this?

Thanks in advance for the help guys.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

i have the same problem, have u found a solution scotty

I also have this problem for a few years now.. i'm 29 and it really irritates me mentally. I only have a handful like 7 or 8 of them. Last night one of them gotten really big and to the point i just popped it and it bled and it's now flat again. (sorry for the graphic details) I know it's going to be slowly fill with blood again probarly going to take 3-6months again. Does anyone have any info what might helps and what is the cause for it? I heard due to rough sex, pressure, kick in the nuts trauma, etc.. I just made an appointment with my urologist 3 weeks from now and see what she says.

I'm 32 and have had this since I was 25. It started as 1 spot, but has gradually increased to around 30-40. Its all concentrated on the left side, and I've never had any "real" concerns from women, but it still bothers me. I'm always wondering if they are gonna say something or get grossed out and think I have an STD or something. I also have had a vericocele on the left side since I was a kid, so I am wondering if that's what is causing the lesions. I have read some info about there being a possible connection between angiokeratomas and vericoceles...something about the pressure on the blood vessels which causes them to burst. Anyway, if anyone comes across a treatment that is more permanent than the argon laser, please let me know.

I have had this condition since my 20's (I am 57 years old)....tried all of the usual treatments, including laser...what works best for me, is concentrated HCl (hydrochloric acid) drawn up into a blood capillary tube and held to each angiokeratoma for about 15-30 seconds....you will do a "scrotum dance" with the burning for about a minute or two, but the area quickly becomes numb and in about 4-6 days, the area scabs up and falls off with a MUCH reduced or non-existent lesion....I am NOT an MD, but a PhD lab scientist who was frustrated about both the cost and ineffectiveness of the current treatments (and lack of research)...so, no "professional advice" here...

the effect lasts several months, but each time, the lesions appear smaller and keeping up the treatment helps immensely....DO let the scabbing fall off naturally and do NOT scratch or pull the scab off...

You should be able to order capillary tubes (glass) from any scientific supply house and the HCl also..(a VERY small amount is needed)...

Most physicians do not seem concerned about this, but it is a BIG psychological block to having sex...good luck...

Need your help. I have never seen a capillary tube. Do you use it like a straw by putting your finger on top, or does it require applying pressure to the area to release the HCL. Do you need a quantity of tubes? Any help would be greatly appreciated, i don't think i can muster up the courage to see a dermatologist. Thank You.

i had them removed [painfully] and they all came back. i have perhaps 100 of them. i don't know if i'm up for putting HCL on them, but i also am not up for excision, as the doctor will only remove about 20 at a time. if they could come up with a painless way, [or removal of all of them at once, i would take the pain] but that doesn't seem to be in the cards. i don't want them to be removed just so they can come back. i was told that men with large testicles are prone to them because of the 'weight' on the veins. oh well, i guess we have to kive with it.

Can you enter the military with angiokeratoma on the scrotum?

I would be grateful if you could specify the exact concentration of the HCI you use. I have found online two versions of the concentrate. One is "1N" and the other "10N", so one is ten times more concentrated than the other. I hope you or anyone with this information reads this thread again. Thanks!

Wow, the HCL on the balls sounds like a torture method (mostly i imagine "So, you will not talk...bring the acid" but i will look into it.

these have been my observations

The first major observation was when i took a long flight to L.A., about 7 hours, nonstop. Id had quite a few of them, of varying sizes, the morning i got on the flight. When i arrived, i went about the business of settling in to hotel, and preparing for the next day, id say another four hours after i got off the flight. Then i went to take a shower. Now, i had suspected the presssurized cabin might have an effect on these super thin, tiny vessels, that on top of it were bloated in spots, so i was halfexpecting to see a popped one or two, with the nauseating trickle of blood that comes from this (id popped one once, and the flow of blood was WHOA, to a comparable size popping of pimple for example, and im queezy with blood, so wasnt looking forward to this) Instead, a light shone down from above, a sweet sound and scent filled the air, and i rubbed my eyes for at least a minute under the running water. They were all gone, i could see, (rather feel) the remnants of one of the largest ones, but it was really diminished, and really, because i knew it was there, i searched, but otherwise, gone....

I would mention that i was a bit nervous on this flight, but excited nervous, as i was going to do a new aspect of my current job, that id always felt was beyond me, but i was determined to do it well. I would not characterize my state as tense. I had also broke up with my then girlfriend, and although i really wanted it to work out, felt freed, and with good timing for the trip, since although it was business, pleasure was not out of the question. Just laying the stage for this anecdote, and a background for the next. Then on the final day of the trip, i called to let her know i missed her a bit and would like to see her when i got back, mostly as friends (and truthfuly, my ride from the airport just cancelled on me) i'd recieved a nasty text message from her in return. this wound me up so tight, i remember pacing outside the convention center, while we subtly argued, but at the end, she agreed to pick me up and we could take it from there( side note, she did not, and let me know after id arrived....thanks, for letting me vent) But before id gotten on the plane, there they were again, starting up the farm again. The flight back was very different in terms of my cool, so no disappearance then, but they werent out of control, just tiny, but there.

So over the years, i've had that mental state a few other times when i noted, "wow, im so calm". i noticed it in my blood pressure. The viens on my hands would not be sticking up above the skin, rather a smooth, non-tubular arrayed surface. And if this lasted for a little while ( a week, or two) they would severly diminish. I'd always have one pesky one that refused to go, but it would diminish in size, the color would return to near normal skin tone.

Ive had them for a while now, and although its hard to mark a specific moment, i remember i used to be a lot more generally relaxed, before some of the pressures of "what am i doing with my life" set in. But again, i mention that as i look back, i think to myself, "man, i used to be so cool, so calm"...This, and the angiokeratomas seem to have a similar nascent point in time, and for a while i considered that having them is partly what provoked the tension, but as i remeber, that general tension preceded their presence, so from there i am thinking, maybe its the other way around (although its true, they have stressed me out for reasons pointed out in other posts)

so theres my fifty dollars (hey, inflation, two cents doesnt buy the charge required to type this up for the interweb....)

Hydrochloric Acid (HCI) seems like a nasty industrial compound.  Can this really be used on the skin?  Has anyone actually tried this?  Did it burn a hole through your scrotum and balls?! Seriously, I hold out hope that this can really work.  But I'm afraid that the poster who suggested this is some evil $&#^$%& that wants us to destroy ourselves.  Seriously, has anyone tried it?

HCl usually is nast and very dangerous industrial compound and I really think that no one, like Tony said, should even think about trying to use this purposely on the skin - it's only non-industrial form is (even than) high grade household cleaning solution, so think about if any of you would be ready to apply any of that stuff on your genitalia... just the thought is scary. All the details are on the Wikipedia.
No, please do not try to mutilate yourselves.

Right. I can say that I was crazy enough to try the HCI treatment and... it works! Actually it works perfectly. I couldn't buy a "concentrated" HCI but I found a 48% solution. used as the previous poster described. Only thing I did different is apply contact with the skin longer, because the acid was less strong. So I touch the spot for 30 sec with a glass capillary tube. check. Then do it again maybe 3 or 4 times. Sting was minimal. The nodules goes from red to grey. then shortly after black. Healing mostly in about a week or less. After two weeks the treated areas look about perfect.

I found this treatment to be much more gentle than pulsed dye laser, which I had done once. The laser left big bruises under the skin after treatment which took about two weeks to heal.

This treatment should be better known! A great alternative to laser. Do it yourself at home and much cheaper! I only did this on three spots as a test but now that I see the results I will do the rest.

A capillary tube holds liquid inside with surface tension only. Meaning you just dip in the liquid and the liquid stays inside the tube. No need to block the other end. Simply touching the tip of the tube direct to the skin will wet that area only. Best to avoid the liquid spreading beyond the small area to treat.

Oh and thanks to the poster who discovered the HCI treatment. Great job!  :-|