I have been going through a similar experience.  It's awful and I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but I'm figuring it out and can pass on what has worked for me.

You have an inflamed GI track and it's going to take time for it to heal.  Prilosec and Nexium are NOT helping...they are contributing to the problem.  So, I seriously recommend that you consider stopping these med's. 

You likely have a bacteria infection, with candida overgrowth issues, as well.

How to get well?  There's no way around a HUGE dietary change, at least for six months, maybe longer.  Start SLOW.  Eliminate one food group at a time.  Wheat/gluten/starched, then sugar, yeast, dairy.  I studied all of the diets there are on the internet and then had to make my own eliminations/changes based on what my body could handle.  For example:  even though tomatoes are allowed on many of the leaky gut/candida diets, my body wouldnt tolerate them.  Anything acidic made the mucous and vomiting more profuse.  You will discover, as you eliminate foods from your diet, what triggers a negative response in your body.  So, start slowly, begin to find out what you can eat and prepare yourself for the long haul.

For me, a simple chicken soup with carrots, onions, celery and kale was/is a blessing.  Make a big pot on the weekend and it will get you through most of the week.  Gets boring at times, but its been a lifesaver.  Eggs with spinach or asparagus for breakfast worked well.  Hamburger patties, turkey, chicken can be eaten with non starchy vegetables for dinner or lunch.  Tuna.  Salads....no dressing.  Lemon juice with olive oil makes a good dressing if you can tolerate the acid in lemon.  Its going to take time to figure it out.  Be patient with this part.

Because your system is likely too acidic and your going to consider stopping Prilosec and Nexium, get some sodium bicarbonate tablets.  You can order a bottle of 1000 from Costco for under $14.00.  Because your so inflamed, take one in the morning, afternoon and at bedtime.  This helped me to not wake up and barf the first thing every morning.

Get some aloe vera juice.  Again, start slowly....start with 1 oz 3x a day and build up to 3oz 3x a day until you have diarrhea.  (It is temporary.)  This means your liver has flushed out alot of toxins.  Then do 1 to 3 oz a day.  If it seems too much for your system, reduce that to either 1oz a day or 3 oz every 3rd day.

PROBITIOCS.  Can't stress how important they are.  Food For Life Ultimate is a good one.  Alternate with GIProHealth.  You are going to alternate them so your body doesnt get too accustomed to one or the other and they stop helping.  Taking them at nightime seems to be best, even though many people tell you otherwise.  Gives them a chance to go through the GI tract when your not digesting.  Start with one and build up to what you can tolerate.  As you begin to heal, you can cut back again.

DIGESTIVE ENZYMES.  You need the support they can give you.  Check out Houston Lab's.  I am taking TriEnza and am really happy with it.  Also take a look at GIProHealth.  Take them with meals.

If you are experiencing oral thrush or burning mouth syndrome from all the vomiting, get some organic coconut oil and hold a teaspoon full in your mouth several times again and swallow.  It is a great candida fighter and will begin healing the esophagus and GI tract.  (So is aloe.)  It helped me more than the drugs the doctor wanted me to take....all they did was make it worse.

As far as any bacterial infection goes, all of the things mentioned about will help it without taking antibiotics which will make it all worse (believe it or not).  Once you get the gut repopulated with good bacteria, the bad bacteria will start to fade.  BUT you have to be very strict and mindful of the food your putting in the body...you dont want to feed the bad bacteria.

Over time, you can add another candida fighter if you feel you need it.  Candease or Candex are enzymes that eat candida and they seem to be most gentle on the system compared to what some recommend you do. 

Be patient with the healing process.  Its going to take time.  Im 5 months in and feeling much clearer, lighter (by 32 lbs) and am not vomiting every day now.  A huge relief and worth the effort.

I feel your pain, really. Have you considered the dental aspect? I've been told by an oral surgeon that, should the root of a tooth reach into a sinus cavity, all sorts of "snot hell" can result. But I'm still in your boat here, and it's wearing me out...

gee thanks for telling me to pray to a non existent invisible being to give me answers i actually need in the physical world you f*****g id**t

I have had something similar. I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. (They don't treat it at a conventional doctor's office and it took me 10 years to get a doctor to actually test for it. See a chiropractor, functional doctor, or naturepath.) It is an autoimmune disorder and most doctors say that you are just stuck with it. They have to do a blood test for the antibodies. I was put on a thyroid hormone to make up the deficiency there and on fish oil, vitamin D, Vitamin C, zypan to increase my stomach acid (Most people don't need to suppress stomach acid but need more. The food doesn't break down so it churns in the stomach and comes back up creating that burning feeling). I also had to completely change my diet to get rid of the symptoms. I had to drop all grains, those containing gluten and corn are the biggest instigators for me, but rice sometimes causes the symptoms too. I also discovered I had a candida infection in my gut which we cleared up with the help of our chiropractor and some herbals. Getting rid of that was key in healing the other issues.

I would suggest that you check out the Paleo 30 diet for autoimmune. The idea is to get back to basics. Eat whole foods, but no grains or dairy for the first 30 days. You can add dairy back in after that. It took about a week of eating a paleo diet to get rid of that lump feeling and when I am not sticking to the paleo diet I still get the mucous in my throat. I really think it comes from sugar and dairy for me now, but everyone has their own triggers. A great book to read is The Root Cause. It taught me a lot about my body and how it works as did Practical Paleo.

I hope that you already figured this out and found something to give you some relief!

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Lol. All this long long post about the thick, chunky, black like muscle that you are trying to get out of your throat by ( clearing your thoat for a normal lugy.) FOR 80 % of you stop lieing about not do this and doing that. It's not caused from food or allegic reaction. It's that drug you are smoking u know the 1 that 80% of you were on when I decide to research and ask about it because it feels like that chunk is right there when I swallow. It's the extra stuff I get off from your choice of drug when smoking it. Like a cigeratte has a filter for the tar. Welll your throat and lungs are your filter. And it takes a long time to go away

Those answer are all around you. In everyday life. Well you believe in Jesus or not drug a drug and it messes u all up

Thank you. I thought it was just me. My throwing, up due to my intense reactions to smells and the huge amount of mucus I produce, has increased significantly in the past 6-9 months. I have had these reactions for as long as I can remember. Though, in most cases, I don't care how people perceive me, it is so difficult to get people to believe me and/or understand and I hate it. Because most people don't smell what I do, or they don't smell it as intensely, they don't believe. I know I am not faking it, but it has been affecting my work and my bosses act like I am just calling out for no reason. I don't have any sick leave left either. I have been to 2 ENT doctors ("Your olfactory senses look great" they said, "No deviated septum, no 'extra' mucus.") After I explained how frequently I blow my nose (at least 1 time every 5-10 minutes-AUGH!!!) they both said "Everyone gets stuffy noses and needs to blow them." I wish they would just say that they are clueless. I have been to 2 allergy doctors (besides strawberries) I am clear.
I even, over the past 6-9 months, have begun to get small red 'blood bursts' on my face due to the intensity of my vomiting. I am so over this. I have another appointment with my GP and will let her know of some of your suggestions and thoughts. As crappy as this is, I am glad to know I am not the only one-not that I wish it on you. Good luck to us all

Oh boy, does this sound familiar. I know exacting what you're talking about in regards to excess mucous, the vomiting, and having herniated discs. I am in my mid 60's and this has been going on for years without a real diagnosis or treatment. Ive studied my symptoms and when they flare and what may have caused the flare and its multiple things, from certain scents, to certain foods, stress, etc., but sometimes it just comes out of nowhere. My autonomic nervous system doesnt work correctly, which means bowels and bladder can be out of sync, my liver gets congested/inflamed and my labs always seem to be inconclusive. I am finally being sent to rheumatology tomorrow but am not interested in taking biologics, prednisone (always gives me gut candida), or drugs that will send me to ER because I dont/cant metabolize them correctly. Just yesturday I read an interesting article about Epstein Barr being at the root of all these mysterious symptoms and my body now failing. I had a really severe case when I was in my preteens and after reading the article I can relate much of what Ive been through all my life to the possibility of Epstein Barr being behind all of this. I would love to send it to you. I would also love to share what Ive learned about treating some of the symptoms your having naturally...there are many homeopathics which can help you get through a flare and they arent expensive and will not cause side effects. The doctors just dont understand what we to through on a day to day basis, want you on antidepresants and multiple med's and we still dont get better. So, we have to listen and learn what the bodies telling us and find out what works best for us. There are many naturopaths out there, chiropractors and such, that want you taking multiple supplements, but if youre anything like me, they can trigger a flare just as much as a med can, so you got to be careful with that as well. In the meantime, try to keep your stress levels down and if you can afford a good chinese acupuncturist, that helped me stop the constant vomiting....but it has to be one who is well schooled in acupuncture and not one who took a 2 year course. The nervous system needs to calm down and the immune system rebuilt. Most of the drugs given suppress the immune system which is counterintuitive. Im really sorry your going through this. You are not alone.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

wonder potion try taking 1 teaspoon three times at 10 minute intervals of apple cider vinegar the preferred one is one with the "mother" it clears the mucus like magic dont ever be afraid to check natural medicines there is a need for mainstream medicine but some magic natural medicine also exists

You should research Dr. Sebi and professor Spira. They both discuss how so many foods we eat and believe to be healthy produce an excess amount of mucus in our bodies making us sick. Hope this helps. Don't give up.

i am having the same problem I have been to many different physicians and had a lot of different test. No one seems to know any answers for these sympthoms It also leaves me fatigued problems with breathing. Anyone have any suggestions?

Try apple cider vinegar with the mother breaks up mucous like magic with all the other benefits not easy to take but very worth it

shut up with the god sh*t

Becareful of the omeprazole. I took it for several years. I am currently in kidney failure and on dialysis as a result

I know what my body would say " You're hungry, eat!"
If one was blessed by God, I'm thinking He may just shake his head and give ya the thought to eat cranberries or drink real cranberry juice, lots of water and probiotics daily.