Hi. I have some mucus buildup in throat. When I sleep all this mucus comes down my throat. Sometimes I spit it, sometimes I just swallow it. What to do?

Hi. I have the same problem. I think I have some sort of respiratory disease or something. I fear I have pneumonia. I`ve been reading something about pneumonia. I have found out symptoms of pneumonia may include fever, chest and stomach pain, loss of appetite, chills, vomiting, headache and not feeling well. I didn`t see mucus buildup on the list of pneumonia symptoms. I have started to drink a lot of tea and I rest a lot. I will not go to work for 5 days. I think everything will be ok.

Aguero,

Did you very get relief? I have the some problem and don't know what to do.

Hi Aguero,
The mucus buildup during your sleep can be very annoying. Thing is that mucus comes from lining of your throat and nasal cavity. More precisely there is a mucus membrane, and when this membrane is irritated in any way your body will produce more mucus. Now do you experience any mucus buildup during the day? Are you maybe sleeping in room with dry air? Have you considered changing a room where you sleep for few days and see if there are any changes?
If you are using any kind of medication right now this might be a side effect. Allergy is also an option of too much mucus in the throat but this has to be checked with a doctor.

Good luck,
Danella