I need someone to explain me what foreskin retraction is...I am 15 year old and no one has ever talked to me about such a subject. From what I read on the internet, foreskin is the skin that covers the "head" of the penis. I have an uncircumsiced penis since the foreskin covers the "head" even when erect. My question is this, will it affect my future sexual life, and if it will, is there any way to retract it past the head?

Hi Unkown1,

It is NORMAL for you not to be able to retract your foreskin until about age 16 or so.

Start stretching.  You can use your fingers to pull the opening apart OR get an erection and pull down on the shaft skin so that the head expands the opening.  It will take some time but the more often you do it the faster the results.

Don't force the foreskin back, just pull hard enough to put some tension on the skin.  It doesn't have to hurt but there may be some discomfort.

Some guys find it easier in the shower.  The warm water makes your skin softer.

FYI, you'll also find the glans (head) to be very sensitive at first.  This is normal as the nerves have been protected.  They will get used to being touched however.

Good luck.

Thank you very much for your thorough answer. Just one more question though, is it necessary for my foreskin to be retracted during sex? Will it cause any injury/pain if I have an intercourse without the foreskin fully retracted? Thanks in advance.

HI,

No, it doesn't have to be retracted but it may be uncomfortable for you AND it may roll back and get stuck. That could lead to a trip the emergency room if you can't get it back, seriously. It's called paraphimosis and is an emergency.

Use a condom. You can put it on with the foreskin over the head and it will make things easier until you can retract it naturally.