Hi. I am college graduate. For the past several weeks I’ve noticed my right eye twitching almost imperceptibly and sporadically. This occur without any rule – anywhere and anytime. For example, it once occurred during a job interview. Why is this happening?? Could the stress be the cause?? Are there any other causes for this state?? It is very embarrassing and I would like to get rid of it asap. Does anybody here knows how can I treat this?? Thanks

Fatigue and stress can cause eyelid twitching. This is also known as myokymia. Your eye lids flutter or twitch because the muscle surrounding the eye is becoming fatigued. For example, if you are squinting because of bright light or having difficulty seeing, if you don’t sleep enough, stare at the computer monitor…. All mentioned can cause the muscular fatigue and result in twitching. The best thing you can do about it is to concentrate on relaxing regularly and guaranteeing yourself the amount of nightly sleep that you need to properly function during the day.