I am a 61 year old female in fair condition. For the last two months I have been doing pilates and strength and flexibility exercises with a personal trainer. During the exercise I reach a point where I feel extremely fatigued and I start to cry. I feel like I am unable to control the crying. After a session I need to sleep for at least an hour to recuperate. What's wrong with me? This has never happened before.

If you overexert your body with exercise for a long period of time, you could get adrenal fatigue. Talk to your personal trainer about this possibility. Also, I suggest you take it easier for the next few sessions.

I absolutely agree with BedsonTrudeau.

When you are exercising you must listen to your body and especially as we are getting older we tend to forget our limits. We think that we can do the same thing as before and of course in our mind we can but our body is not strong as it used to be and we need to embrace this fact.

Iot is very commendable that you work on yourself but you must stop when you start to experience fatigue and crying. Also, you need to inform your personal trainer about this so that he can adjust next session according to your limits. And don’t forget in taking of the water because sometimes this can be the reason of the fatigue.