I had an abdominoplasty and arm and flank and back liposuction surgery three weeks ago. My back and arms are still very lumpy. I am having a face lift and thigh and axillary liposuction in two weeks. I was wondering if I should bring up the lumpy arms to my Surgeon prior to my second surgery and if liposuction can be preform twice in one area? Can the Surgeon redo my arms saftly? I know three weeks isn't very long but it is clearly pockets of fat that were missed. Not knots from the liposuction procedure. I feel very comfortable with my Surgeon and he is great. I think he just got tired. My surgery lasted 10 hours and was quite difficult. I had had two prior surgeries to have my colon and my spleen removed and already had a vertical scar that had to be redone. Making a T incision that was quite large. Maybe he just got tired when it came to my arms. After all of that it would be totally understandable. I'm still wearing the compression sleves but so far they haven't helped a bit. Any insight would be helpful.

Hi there! As far as I know it is normal for certain lumps and maybe even some waviness to show up at the site of arm liposuction. I am not sure if this demands for liposuction correction. Those lumps are taken cared of by massage or an ultrasound therapy and should resolve in 6 months time. You may give it a rest for the next 6 months and see how it turns out.

However, it would be good to talk to your surgeon about it. After all, you are paying for it, so you have a right to know your options.

How many pounds did you lose by the liposuction? Have you modified your nutrition yet?

I've lost about eight pounds so far. I'm 5'7 and weighed 143 (day after surgery) and now weigh 135. Actually I was quite thin (112-119) but in August I had a Colectomy and that along with a hysterectomy everything caught up with me and I seemed to level off at closer to 140...which was quite shocking and hard to get use to...I origionally saw the Surgeon for scar repair but one thing lead to another and decided to go for broke with everything I was unhappy with from the face on down. Age related (48) and surgically realted issues. Love the abdominoplasty...I hope my face lift next week will turn out as well. I am doing massage everyday. Maybe time will help. The lump on either arm is not from liposuction, it is from the lack of liposuction. The liposuction areas look great. Each arm has a pocket of fat that was clearly missed. The skin is virgin and you can feel and see the difference between the areas. (I power walked two miles everyday prior to my surgery and my diet is low fat 1000-1300 a day diet. I hope to resume walking as soon as my face lift is cleared. )