Hi, there. I have a lipoma on my left thigh. It isn’t painful, but I think it is getting larger and I would like to get rid of it. It bothers me more and more. I am interested in my possibilities to get rid of this lipoma. Can someone tell me my options? Thanks in advance.

Hi, there. Usually, lipomas don’t require removal, but if they are on a bothersome location, then it can be done. You have several options. The first one is steroid injections. In this way, the lipoma shrinks, but it isn’t completely removed. This method is advisable when the tumor is smaller than 2.5 cm in diameter. Other option is liposuction. A thin needle and a syringe are used here. This method is used when the tumor is on a location where one wants to avoid scars. This method can’t eliminate tumor either. The best way to remove them is surgical remove. The recurrences after these procedures are very rare.