Few months ago, I had huge problem with hernia. Now it is recurred but I was thinking about giving a birth. I am not sure if that is connected, but somehow it worries me. I do not know could I normally became pregnant and have a baby; according to surgery I had few months ago. Is there anyone with the same problem who might give me right answer to this question?

I had surgery solved inguinal hernia two years ago. Since I had hernia repaired, I was also wondering how baby would affect me. I wanted to have a baby so much, but I was a little bit afraid. Somehow, I could not stop asking if weight in my stomach, as well as the extreme pushing during labor, cause the hernia to recur. I had to visit my doctor and ask him more about it. He told me there is not a lot of data on inguinal hernias in pregnancy as they are not as common in women. However, he could tell me that anything, which might increase intra-abdominal pressure, is able to increase the risk of hernia recurrence. He said it would be far more devastating to develop an incarcerated or strangulated hernia during my pregnancy. He warrants me this could put my baby at increased risk. He gave me advice to have my hernia fixed prior to becoming pregnant, which I took seriously.