My father had a drainage tube put in his gall bladder a little over 2 weeks ago. Today the drainage tube starting coming out. Everytime he takes a breath you can see the tube go in and out.
Calling the doctor's nurse she said "not to worry" and to call in the morning.
Have any of you ever had or heard of a drainage tube coming out?
Can you give any advice on the situation? Should he get immediate medical attention?
Thank you.

My husband has a drainage tube in his gall bladder.It was draining a dark brown with with a green tint  which we were told was normal..  Suddenly it quit draining.  He did have a bowel movement  and it started to drain but it stopped shortly after.  I took him to the ER and they seemed to think it was normal depending on what he ate.  He has eaten and it is still not draining and has pain in the area of the tube.  Does anyone know if this is normal?

This is probably redundant at this point since it has been several years since the questions were asked but in case someone else looks here...if the tube isn't draining...there is a problem.  If the tube starts to fall out...it needs to be replaced.  I am not a doctor but my mother has had a tube for over a year and all of these things have happened.  We call when these things happen and they get her in immediately...if your doctor does not...find another place to go if possible.  If you have to use them...INSIST they see you or your family member/friend etc. 

my Dad has had a drainage tube for 9 months and he pulled it out. we went to the hospital and the Dr said just to leave it and see how he does. he is 87 and terminal with liver cancer, but I am concerned what this can cause because before he pulled it out it was draining 200 ml a day. where is this going and how sick can it make him and what about pain. worried