I am not pregnant, why do I feel a fluttering in my lower stomache?

I have this very same thing. I just took a test and it was negitive. Its been going on for about 5 days now. I can feel it inside as well as outside with my hand.

The fluttering is just below my belly button.

I have one child already (age 7).... I am not really tursting the Test that I took a day ago, I am going to do it again.... I did think that if you felt "fluttering" while carrying a child that it didn't begin until your third or fourth month. If I were this far along wouldn't the test for sure come out postive?

I am 36 years old, this is a huge worry.

I have been feeling fluttering and kicking for over a month and blood and urine both said no. I don't have health insurance and dont know what it is, but i have had bowel and stomache problems for years and kicking is definatley differant. But the tests say no, so if anyone can shed some light that would be great.

the fluttering and pulling/pinching sensations you get can be your body getting ready to have a period, but can also mean your possibly pregnant.

I've been having those fluttering feelings that you get when
you feel the baby moving. But as far as I know I'm not pregnant.
I'm also cramping on and off but I had my period a week
and a half ago. What could this be?

:-( I have seen the same reports over again but no solutions. I am dealing with the same thing and cannot find help as I don't have insurance also. If anyone finds anything out, can you post back please? thanks, by the way i've missed my period for 6 months now and i'm gaining weight but tests say "no".

Im know im not pregnant but i have all the signs and my boyfriend has had the snip.

Im 43 have had the fluttering in lower part of stomach ,had the fluttering before my period and started right back up after my period,dont know what is going on either.

I have had this flutter felling for 4 days in the upper stomache just below rib cage on left side and were panic struck. I was coming and going like a baby kicking. I do sufefr from health aniexty. I took a gas x on the second day and nothing changed by day 4 i bought extra strenght gas x, and took 2 that night, everyone seemed to think it was trapped gas. On the 5th day I woke up and have not felt it at all. It is amazing how gas can stay trapped considereing I was going normally to the bathroom. I hope this will help someone. Do not read the computer half the information scares th c**p out of you and gives you wrong information

Hi , I feel everyone i had the same problems for years starting when i was 35, i am now 47 . most times i dont think about the fluttering, pains,etc until people ask why im holding my stomach, i've been to so many doctors that IM SICK of them . years and still no answer!, so i thought maybe someone had some adviseif so HELP. :'(

I have been having this fluttering sensation and feeling like a baby lightly kicking ..... I am 45 almost and my two children are in their teens. I've had two pregnancy tests both come back as negative. I've gained weight, mostly in the stomach too and I feel like I look pregnant lol !

What on earth is this? I think it could be some sort of muscle spasm, maybe the bowel "shaking" or something ... it's certainly weird but most of all frightens the life out of you when you think oh god I must be about 4 months pregnant!

Does anybody have a real answer to this yet??

I have been told by a doctor that it is simply your digestive system. If for example you have eaten a lot of carbs or roughage then your digestive system has to work harder to deal with it all and thats why you can feel fluttering in various different areas of the stomach. much like you can feel your tummy rumbling when its letting you know you need to eat. sometimes it can go on for days. Hope this helps.

The fluttering that you are talking about could just be your colon. This is the only structure that could flutter in this region and give this feeling.

Another thing is that if the fluttering coincides exactly with your heart beat, and i mean exactly like your pulse then there are 2 possibilities
1. If you are a very slim person. It is not uncommon for slim persons to feel the pulsations of arteries any where in their bodies and this area is no exception. This could just be an artery in its normal position and you are feeling it.
2. This could be a vascular structure (related to a blood vessel) of some sort and needs to be either watched or removed.

my wife has been feeling flutters for about 5 months and all the test and blood test say negative the doc said it is
provably just stress but my wife has been on the merania birth control and felt the flutter she
got it taken out and still to this day she has not had a period and it been like a month now and even on the birth control
she didnt have one so it been like a year she has not had one

everybody read this and stop panicking. i thank you.