My almost 5 year old daughter is having the same issue and I have a doctor appt for myself tomorrow but I think im gona ask the doc if she thinks my daughter needs tested or anything bc my daughter goes to the bathroom constantly but she don't complain of itching and burning.

It's 4 in the morning and I have been up for over an hour worring about my 5 yr 3month old daughter.  Her frequent need to go every 15 minutes seems to be on a cycle.  She is great for 3 or 4 weeks and then here we go, 4 days or so of trouble.  I carry a potty seat in my car so that we can pull over anywhere and she can get relief.  I have suffered like this most of my life and been told that it's all in my head, wearing pads and dealing with it alone for 40 years.  I refuse to do that to her, it is week 3 of kindergarten and she has missed recess as punishment for having to go potty while on the playground.  I knew we could not be alone in this so thank you ohter moms for sharing. I have read all that you have shared and will be logging our food and drink, but is it possible that there is a hormone issue here? I realize that she is 5 and not having the same hormone cycle as an adult but it seems coincidental.  Maybe it's the cycle of the moon?  I know it grasping but I feel helpless and I am her #1 advocate.

I just took my 4year old daughter to the doctor for this same problem. She always wakes up at least once to pee pee in the middle of the night. Her problem is very random. Last week she was dry all day every day at pre-k. Today she had 2 accidents in one day. It's very frustrating to me. She won't talk about it. She says she is not in any pain when urinating. She bounces in her sleep until you ask her if she has to potty and she always does. She never wets the bed but I know she is losing sleep trying to hold it so she can sleep. She is so sleepy at the end of the day. 

The doctor told us to condition her bladder by having her sit on the potty at the same time everyday. Eventually she is suppose to get " conditioned" to go to the potty at those times. I was told that it was just her being busy and not wanting to stop playing to go. But she is waking up from sleep to go(???). So confusing. I am just so unsure of what to do. 

I wasn't told about the poop but I'm willing to try that approach. She has small BM's so I guess that could improve and explain why it's so random. 

My daugher has been in kindergarten for 26 days and I had a conference with her teacher yesterday and she is also asking to use the restroom just about every 15 minutes.  I took her to the doctor last week because she was complaining of a burning sensation and I thought it was a uti but it was vaginitis. I honestly think she is going to the bathroom at school so much her labia is irritated.  Her hands are also raw and almost bleeding because of the amount of times she is washing her hands and drying them with the brown school paper towels.  She has had trouble with constipation in the past and I am wondering if this is a cause.  Like most of the others mentioned in the post, the doctor said there was nothing irregular with her urine.  I should also mention that her diet hasn't changed.  She doesn't eat a school lunch but she has started eating the Belvita breakfast cookies, chocolate to be exact. I wonder if there is too much caffine in those.  I didn't want to buy them but I also need her to eat breakfast. I am going to try taking those away and seeing if that makes a difference.

My daughter is 6 years and 9 months old. Recently she started having this problem. She goes to pee every 15 minutes during the day and during bed time she will go 10-20 times before she can actually sleep. I am thinking that this is psychological as she does not complain of any pain or irritation. She travels by Bus to her school for more than 1 hour and she tends to do fine during the journey. Why I think that this is psycological is because I went through the same phase where I feel like I need to pee, specially while going to bed. I would go several times before even though there is no urine left in the bladder. I was anywhere between 12-16 years of age then and that is my only concern. I was a bit older. She is just under 7. She has a lot of other things on her mind. How come she developed this problem. I think I was able to overcome my problem in a couple of weeks.

Getting back to my daughter. She get irritated very easily and sometime when she goes to pee and is not able to pass any urine, she will scream in anger which is very upsetting. I called her class teacher and asked her if she was normal in school and she said that she was doing fine other than a few visits to the washroom - not too many.We are planning to take her to the Doctor and get her urine tests done to rule out any infection or related disease.

My wife still has this problem that she will go several times before she can go to bed. We think that she has OCD.

A little more about my daughter's condition (might not be related):1. My daughter developed this problem during her vacation (1 week) when she was home full time.2. Out toilet seat was dirty a couple of days before she developed this problem.3. She developed this problem while she was going through her cylcing lessons with me.4. Her conditions becomes worse during bed time.5. During the morning she goes twice before she leaves for school.6. She does not complain of any irritation or pain.7. She has a history of "I need to relax before I can pee".I hope all turns out fine and that she can overcome this disorder in a few days.Will post again after finding out more about my daughter's condition.

Bye for now.

RegardsManish

My daughter is now 15 and has this same issue for years! It has become really bad over this past 2 years. I wonder the same as Laurie above... could this be hormonal? Our food is so different now, lacking in vitamins and minerals and increased in hormones... especially fast food. And this is more of a common problem with our young girls than we think! Because it is embarrassing to talk about... it's hard to know how many are dealing with this! And the bottom line with Doctors is... they have no clue! My daughter has had blood tests, stool tests, urine tests, MRI, sonogram of bladder... all looks fine. Next they will need to do a colonoscopy to rule out bowel issues... then go inside bladder to rule out IC. I can't believe this young, beautiful girl is having to go through all this! I'm thinking of going to a nutritionist with her... and put her on a special diet to see if that helps. She has no social life because of this issue. And I also agree with the Mom that said, "we know our children"... THIS IS ABSOLUTELY NOT IN HER HEAD!!! And I am so sick of doctors, when they don't know exactly what something is, they make patients feel as though its in their heads... INSTEAD OF JUST ADMITTING THAT THEY DON'T KNOW! Ugh! I will post if we discover anything new that might help!

Any updates? Very curious, dealing w very similar issues.. =(

just Curious if any child with urinary disorders are taking a medicine named Singular?
I found this information and thought I would share more about the side effects of Singular.
http://parentsforsafety.org/17601/10794.html

What can you do to reduce sodium levels? Please help.

My son is also 5 and he is peeing his pants at least 2 times a dayalso at night, and im taking him to the doctor because this has been going on for way too long, I have got a lot of good ideas and questions to ask the Dr.  Now i know what to look for and ask to get tested. 

Thanks

Alyssa

my doctor has my daughter on miralax as needed, so i give it to her whenever she gets the deer poop symptoms(raisins) or without poop for a while, it usually works after one or two doses then i stop until i need it next time.

She could be a diabetic. Does she drink fluids a lot. This is another diabetic symptom.

Not sure if this will help any of your children but I've been to the doctor with my five year old daughter having the same problem - weeing constantly & often on the toilet for a very long time trying to get something out because she's worried she will pee in her pants. When she finally goes, she's back in again a few minutes later saying she feels like she needs to go again.  She says it doesn't hurt, sting or burn & we've had her urine tested 3 times for infection with it always coming out negative. So, the doctor is arranging an ultrasound to check her kidneys & bladder to ensure no problems. In the meantime, he says her urine did show that she is dehydrated so we need to get her to drink more & then he talked to me about "bladder training". He said sometimes children for some reason or another, get in a habit of going more frequently, before their bladders are completely full & this makes them feel the need to go more often. He said we need to encourage her to drink a lot & only go for a wee when her bladder is really full (like a balloon) & to then empty her bladder completely, even getting her to go back in & squeeze a bit more out. Google "bladder training for children". It's time consuming, is not a quick fix & requires patience but hope it helps.

Should have mentioned in my post above - although my daughter's urine showed she was dehydrated, she had finished 2 large glasses of milk before we went to the doc. But, she doesn't drink very much during the danoun less we constantly remind her.

My daughter is 7 and is going through a very similar situation. She does suffer from Generalized Anxiety and does show some signs of OCD. We have had her urine checked and all is well. We are thinking we need an ultrasound then maybe we will talk to our child Psychologist to ask for some help on how to best handle this. Our Daughter will not wet the bed and rarely gets up during the night to pee. It is all at night. She will sit on the toilet and get very angry if there is no pee. She will attempt to pee about 7-10 times before we have to intervene with her. I feel so bad for her as she gets so stressed out.