My 6 year old daughter has the same problem and has had it for the past 3 years. The only answer that we received was that her colon would get backed up and push up against her bladder causing her to have to urinate frequently. She perscribed her Miralax to keep her colon cleansed but I dont want her body to start depending on that. So now I giver her Miralax as soon as I notice the frequency returning. They determined her colon being backed up by doing a simple sonogram.

pls reply to this querry

We had the same issue with our 6 yr old son. After trying so many things I finally took him to see a pediatric urologist. It ended up being a poop problem. His full intestines were cobstantly pushing on his bladder. He put him on miralax and once he began to poop more regularly - he stopped the frequent urination. More water helped too - which was the last thing I thought of when he was peeing so frequently.

i have the same thing , my daughter 6, does everything the Drumchick80 said her daughter does...i am so sick of it.. help....

I realize this is a very old post but has anyone found a resolution to this? Same prob with my 6 year old daughter. Any new news would be helpful!

I took my 7 year old daughter to ped. the other day same thing peeing every 5 min. or feeling the need to pee. Doctor gave us Miralax she is backed up and it pushes on bladder giving the feeling of needing to go. I hope this helps!

My 5 year old son is on mirilax too for the past couple of weeks and he's been urinating more but not consistently. The school nurse has been trying to work with him (she wasn't convinced he was constipated at first but is aware something is happening) and I wanted to know how much longer can I expect this to happen? Will I stand a better chance of him doing #2 now?

Help! I want to be working in January so I need to know what to do and the chances of it working well. Currently talking with Oh c**p, Potty Training.

Please.
Thank you,
Sarah

kidney stone possibly..or an acute kidney injury or could be glomeronephritis...did she have strep before seeing the blood in the urine?