I hope someone can help me understand what is wrong with me. I think of myself as in fit condition, so the fact that I am getting worn out so quickly is disastrous to me. It is the Front Crawl that makes me so tired. When I stop, I am always out of breath, and have to float on the water for 30 seconds or so to recover. What is the method for maintaining a slow easy front crawl? And I am also not to sure about my timing for breathing. Should I be breathing out the whole time my face is in the water? Many people say that breathing is essential for the front crawl. Is that true?

I agree with those who say that breathing is the core of the front crawl. It is the hardest thing to get used to. Breath control determines if you are going to be good at the crawl. Make sure that you're better at breathing every stroke, fourth stroke or sixth stroke. You should have a rhythm when you would breathe, stroke three times and then breathe again on the fourth stroke. Try not to take your head out of the water too far to breathe. Sometimes you get some water in your mouth but you rarely breathe it in. Find somebody who is a competent and capable swimmer. He will be able to look at what you're doing and determine if you're doing something wrong or if you just need more practice. Like in running or working out you need to breathe to perform well.