My father has had digestive problems for several years now. Constipations and abdominal pain were something quite common for him. He had been treating it with standard medicaments and they helped for a while. However, things got really complicated recently. He had three serious pain attacks that lasted for several minutes each. He still refuses to see a doctor, saying that those attacks will pass, but my mom, she is a nurse, said that he has classic gall bladder symptoms. Is his condition serious?

I assume that your Mom will convince him to see a doctor, because if those are gall bladder symptoms, then those attacks he endured can only get worse, not better. You should check out for these symptoms: pain under the ribs on the right side, dizziness, nausea, burping, and of course, those attacks you already mentioned.