Hi.. Im currently using 2kgs dumbbels for arm exercises. I have a doubt whether its suitable for me to loose arm fat.. i dont like muscles.. i want to loose arm fat and have slim arms. 

I weigh 65kgs and 5 2 feet height. Im trying to loose weight. Can you please advise. 

Thanks 

Shining Star

Hey Hunnybunny.

What do you usually eat? What does your daily menu looks like? Nutrition is the most important part of healthier lifestyle, and of course weight loss. That does not mean you will stave or eat uneatable food. It just mean people need to learn to eat optimally.

2 kg weights are ok for a beginner, but generally considered light, and you do need to increase if you want to see results. Using heavier weights doesn't mean you will have big muscles. by lifting heavier weights means you will burn more calories and have more potential to "lose more weight". I would advise every woman to lift heavier weights from 2 kg continue to work with 3 kg, and than occasionally 5 etc. Add weight to your dumbbells, trust me, you won't look muscular. You will see you will get a great muscle response. You will not get muscular because of that - your hormones will prevent it.

Lifting heavier can absolutely help you have slimmer arms - by losing excess weight your muscles will not grow bigger, but will show more muscle. Therefore they will look slimmer.

Here is an interesting articles about women and lifting heavier weights. I think you should take a look at it:

https://www.steadyhealth.com/articles/Women_And_Weight_Lifting__Will_We_Grow_Into_Huge_Muscle_Beasts__a2387.html

Hi Tania, Thanks for replying. I just need to know one more thing. How many times do you recommend me to do with my 2kg dumbbells? Im doing 30 times for my arms everyday. Do you think that helps me to loose arm fat? or do i have to do more?

Shining Star

Hey. 

Do you feel the muscles burning when you do that? 

30 reps for each muscle group - biceps, triceps, shoulders is ok for a beginner. I would increase to 50 reps for each muscle group, or even better add a kilo or two. :) 

Push ups are great if you want to add some variety to your training.

If you want to lose weight, focus also on your cardio routine and training for other muscle groups - chest, legs, abs, buttocks, and of course arms.