I have a problem with the fat around my stomach, specifically, the fat on the side of my stomach. I understand they can be attractive on girls but i am a 24 year old guy.

What should i do ? I haven't been eating healhy in the past year or so but it wasn't that bad. Do I need to change my eating habbits as well.

There is your answer. You said you weren't eating healthy for the past year so that needs to change. 

People who have awesome looking abs aren't actually doing as much exercise. They tend to focus on the nutrition. Many people already have ab muscles defined and built but it isn't visible because a layer of fat is covering it. 

So, by losing the fat around your muscles, they will start to look more defined. Proper nutrition and cardio is crucial for this. 

If you want to find the ecercises to lose side belly fat and a proper nutrition plan based on your weight then try this app Ab Workouts for men and women by SteadyHealth.com. 

https://www.steadyhealth.com/ab-workouts-for-men-and-women