Hello. I'm 18 years old and I have some questions about my grandfather’s present health state. You see, he is 55 years old and he has some problems with his left hip.
About a year ago he has experienced one accident. He slipped on ice on the street and fell on his left leg and hip. He broke the leg and had strong pains located about his left hip.
Now, year after the accident, he can barely walk and doctors told him that his bones are too weak to heal by them self and that’s why they are suggesting hip replacement operation.
I don’t know anything about this nor does he. So, I would like to hear more about hip implants and hip replacement operation.

Hello. I worked as an orthopedian assistant for 20 years so I will gladly share some facts about hip implants on the market today.
You see, total hip joint replacement is a biggest orthopedic success because many people will walk again and live fuller, more active lives.
If you want to know something about the shape of implant- it is called ball-and-socket joint implant because the round head moves inside the cup-shaped hollow socket of the pelvis.
The best materials are used to build these implants. The materials are biocompatible (they are not causing inflammatory reaction) and resistant to corrosion. So, my suggestion is- go for it! You have nothing to be worried about!

i had a left hip replacement done  on 2/1/11 and a dislocation on 4/1/11 its now January of 2012 and i am having buttock pain right where the joint dislocated to there was no pain directly afterwards but there is now which is freaking me out,as i do not want myself or my loved ones to go through another dislocation.Does anyone have a clue as to what maybe causing this ? i cant find anything on infections or tests to ask for. thanks
fromwis