So a days ago I woke up to find a small bump near my pubic area. I decided to ignore it until yesterday when I decided to try and pop it. When I tried to pop it, nothing happened except I felt a lot of pain. Today I woke up to find that it has turned into this giant red bump. It hurts to touch it but if I press down on it, it is kind of soft. What is it? Also I haven't shaved in over 3 weeks down there but does that still mean it is just a ingrown hair?

Usually that's all it is. Try putting a hot compress on it before you go to bed and take hot showers. 

warm compress for a couple of hours. it should come to a head and drain. it usually is just an ingrown hair. do not try and pop because if it is infected and you push hard, it could pop inside and go into blood stream. then you will have cellulitis and have to take antibiotics. let your body do its own thing. good luck.