I got this red bump in my pubic area after shaving. I tried to pop it and blood and pus came out. It's been OVER a month and its still not gone. I have no clue what it is. I think it's an ingrown hair but i'm not sure. What should I do?

If it is an ingrown hair did you pull the hair out? It may be hard to see if the skin has grown over but it will not go away until you pull it out. Trying to shave it off wont help so get tweezers to pull it out by the root. After you get it out squeeze it to get any more pus out. Keep the area clean and it should go away within a few days.

Hi Ciana,

Ingrown Hairs occur when a newly shorn hairs is cut in a way that the hair grows beneath the skin's surface. As it continues to grow under the skin, a bump will appear as a sign of injury.If it's not an IH you should see your doctor for help.If it is an IH, here's what has worked for me:

Pre-Heat with a hot towel or hot compress.

Exfoliate beforehand for 1-2 minutes to scrub away dead skin cells and dirt.Hair grows in different directions, usually downward but double check to be sure as the hair grows in various directions around the body.

Shave with the direction of hair growth (usually downwards) with a single or at most double blade razor.Use a very light pressure being careful never to pass more than 1-2 times.

Exfoliate before bed and in the HOT shower next morning.Use mild after shave balm; organic, non-stinging kinds are best.Some lotions clog up your pores, preventing the hairs from growing out and in the proper direction.

Considered an light, after shave moisturizer.When it comes to razors: buy ones with 1 or not more than 2 blade razors. The more blades the more irritation.The more passes you make with the blade in one direction, the more irritation. Solution: fewer blades, fewer passes. This prevents ingrown hairs and razor burn.

I

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

IH removal:1. wait for the IH to grow a bit. We know it hurts to have an IH growing under your skin but if the hair is too short, extricating the hair will prove difficult and you'll cause way too much mirco-tears in the skin trying to locate it.

2. Carefully use a sterilized darning needle or sterilized needle-nosed tweezers when doing Step 1.

3. Sterilize the damaged skin area with a non-stinging rubbing solution.We have an exfoliator that can help; just google WIZKER.