Ok, I'm 16 year old male, and about 3-4 months ago I shaved my pubic hair. The next week I wore a pair of underwear that I don't usually wear and they were extremely uncomfortable, at the end of the day I took them of and had a patch of redness on the upper pubic. Upon closer inspection there was a tiny bump that you could barely see. The redness took about a week to go away and the tiny bump was, and since the redness went away it was skin colour, it wasn't raised like a molluscule it was just a tiny bump, it did not itch but when I pressed down on it, it hurt a little. So started putting antibacterial cream on it, it seemed to do nothing if anything the bump had gotten bigger but still skin coloured maybe a slight tint of red to it, this all over about a month. When I was in the shower, and I pulled the skin tighter it seemed to turn a tad whiter, I assumed there was puss inside but wasn't sure because it was so hard to tell. So I decided to try and pop it to get the puss out, but failed and nothing came out, it just made the bump bigger and inflamed red wich stayed like that for another month slowly getting smaller, I left it putting antibacterial cream on it for the next to months meanwhile I was putting hydrocortisone cream it got significantly smaller but stayed red, It eventually started to develop this tiny dimple in the middle and then saw a hair protruding out of it. So I decided to take a hot bath and if it was a hair pull it out, I successfully got a hair out, but stayed red and sensitive as usual. and started putting bactroban on it for the next 2 weeks and it didn't really change much the bump went away when I pulled the hair out but stayed red, its been three weeks and its still red and slightly sensitive. Its gotten a lot better but is slowly slowly slowly healong, I dont know why it it is taking so long? Because a hair came out of it, does that mean it was an ingrown hair? and why is it still a little sensitive? Can I please have some suggestions on how to make it heal faster and reduce the redness? I've tried alot. I just want it gone, so I can be a normal teen again :(

I don't know why this is in std discussions, but anyway please help

Justin-case,

You shaved your pubic hair. Like anywhere one might shave, but especially there in an area which is sensitive and apparently unaccustomed to years of shaving, the skin is prone to razor burn as well as to occasional ingrown hairs.

You've heard the saying about a watched pot? It applies in this case. The best thing to do: stop watching your spot. It will heal on its own. Picking, squeezing, tweezing, and staring are making it much larger and much redder than it would be or than it probably is. 

The fact that a hair grew from it shows it isn't a genital wart. It doesn't sound like herpes. So, it's just the price of admission to be bare down there. Try to forget about it and just let it heal.

It will.    :)

Thankyou :) I will