Hello everyone,

I don't know if anyone on this website will have a good answer for me, but I have searched and searched and I cannot talk to a doctor (it is sunday), and I can't find any answers online. So I figured, this might work.

My girlfriend is on the birth control pill Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo. I have read a lot on this pill, and it says it is 99.7% effective against pregnancy. She has been on it for several months. A few weeks ago, we had sex for the first time. We weren't planning on it, but it happened. I didn't wear a condom, but I didn't cum inside of her. I pulled out before I came. I understand that is irresponsible and stupid, but we figured since she is on birth control, there was nothing to worry about. That week, she had been sick with a sinus infection, and her doctor perscribed her Amoxicillin to cure that. I have read a lot on the internet, and all it says that Amoxicillin might reduce the effectiveness of the pill. We have had sex about 12 times since the first time, and I have used a condom 3 times in there. The condom never broke. I have pulled out every time we have had sex without a condom. She is persistent with her pill, and she never misses a day. Today is the first day of her green "inactive" pills, which I guess is supposed to be the first day of her period. It's about noon now, and she usually gets her period in the morning right after she takes her first green pill (around 7-7:30 a.m.). I am so scared right now, the thought that my girlfriend might be pregnant. She is scared too.

If anyone has any insight or information, especially if anyone on here is a doctor, or a physician, or a nurse, I would be very thankful. I love my girlfriend more than life itself, and she means everything to me. But any advice from anyone would be great.

Please, reply.

probably not? or you could visit the doctor to make sure!

Just wait a few more days and if the period doesn't come then just get her to take a pregnancy test for your own ease of mind. It's always best to keep a pregnancy test handy even when you're on the pill.