Hello everyone,

As the title says, I had PFO closure last year and I've been having low endurance since then. I know that it is normal for a person to feel weak and have low endurance after PFO closure but I'm almost certain that it's not normal for this to endure even one year after the procedure was done. I tried to continue exercising like I used to do before on a regular daily basis but I couldn't do it. I tried for a couple of days but it was too exhausting for me. 

Do you have an advice, any suggestion on what could I do about this matter?

Hey Health n Joy,

On one hand, I'm glad to tell you that this is normal so you don't really have anything to worry about. On the other hand, I'm sorry to tell you that this is normal and that you probably won't manage to get back to the training habits that you had before this has happened.

It's the same question that everyone who had PFO closure is asking. Most of them are in the same situation as you are, only a small number of people gets to be able to train and exercise normally. A great amount of will is required for this matter.

Hey guys,

Adria has a point here, it is true that this is quite normal for people who had PFO closure. Actually, a friend of mine had PFO closure four years ago and he kind of never got back to his old condition. It's something that you need to make peace with. It takes extremely strong will and a good condition of your body to stay in shape and be able to do the exercises that you were able to do before. 

I hope that this answers your question and I'm sorry that I wasn't able to give you some more positive info than this.

Hi guys, I have to go along with what others wrote above me, it is normal that you have low endurance even years after PFO closure, but I found out that some scientist did a research and they say that the problem is actually in the people's minds. It's like, they heard that because of PFO closure you should have low endurance and your brain embraces it like it's really true. When you start exercising and you try to do something hard, your brain tells your body that you can't pull it through because you had PFO closure and then you feel weak. It's just a study I came across some time ago and it intrigued me.

Good day there. My friend had this situation and when she asked her doctor what to do about this, he told her that this is totally normal thing after PFO.

I need to ask you did you talk with your doctor about this. How old are you anyway? I really do hope that you are visiting your doctor on a regular basis. My friend had shortness of breath after this and some rhythm issues as well.

In any case you really need to consult your doctor and discus with him about this. I am sure that he is going to give you some test because I am pretty sure that this is somehow connected with stress as well.

Hey everyone. I wanted to ask you this question as well. I had PFO almost three years ago and I am having low endurance since then. Whatever I tried to do, nothing could help me so I started to be scared a little bit because of it. I am feeling nauseous and I don’t know why I never told anything about this to my doctor. Now I am reading your posts and I can see that someone had exactly the same case. So I believe that your advice will help me as well. Thank you for it. Have a nice day!

Good day everyone. I am reading your posts and I need to tell you that I totally agree with Adria in here. I am pretty sure that there is no need for you to be worried that much. It is very important to be in constant touch with your doctor all the time about this, and I am sure that he is going to change your therapy when he notice that this is something that he needs to do. It is actually pretty normal and sometimes people can never go back in their ordinary stage. So, you really don’t need to be worried that much.

Good day folks.

I hope that you are doing fine.

I have nothing other to say that is different from other members experience. It is very normal to have low endurance even a lot of years after PFO closure, so it is nothing unusual since you had it last year.

But I need to tell you that I am a bit surprised because it seems to me that doctors don’t explain to their patients that this is something pretty much normal.

One of my friends was worried about this as well and her doctor told her that this is normal.