Hi, I am a supporter of the theory that we are all beautiful just as we are and the cosmetic products that change our appearance do more harm than benefit. Take hair dye for example. I don't have a single friend who hasn't dyed her hair at least one time. Why do women and some men think that a hair color different than they natural will make them more attractive? Why do they put themselves in a risk of getting some kind of cancer? I am sure that they are aware that hair dyes contain chemicals that can cause cancer. Can you tell me if there is maybe some fact that shows that dyed hair is better than natural?

Hi, I would have to say that in theory I completely agree with you. In fact, I was a supporter of the theory natural is more beautiful for a long time too. However, a friend of mine convinced me to highlight my hair and I was very happy when I saw the results, so now I dye my hair on regular bases. I am fully aware of the damage that hair dye can do firstly to your hair. In order to change hair's natural color the dye penetrates deeply into the follicles of the hair and dissolves the melanin molecules that give the natural hair color. Also the hair can get severely damaged if the procedure is not done correctly. And healthy, shiny natural hair is definitely more beautiful than dried out bleached hair. But these are just superficial consequences. You are absolutely right that chemicals used in hair dyes can be related to some kinds of cancer. There are scientific studies that prove this point. And this would also be a point to natural hair's advantage. However, nowadays manufacturers of hair dye are making safer products. Also, how many people do you know that were diagnosed with cancer because they used hair dye? Because of all of this I would have to say that even though natural hair is a healthier choice, I am a supporter of dyed hair.