Hi, I was wondering if you could answer a few questions about hair care products. I am mostly interested in hair wax. My hair is a very important part of my look and I take good care of it. There are many products that I use to style my hair. For many years hair gel was my favorite, but now my hair dresser says that I should transfer to hair wax. He says that it is much better for my hair. Could you explain why hair wax is better that hair gel? I would also like to know if hair wax is going to give that extra hold that I am getting from hair gel.

Hi, hair wax is a product that has been used for hair modeling for centuries. It is made out mostly of beeswax, candelilla wax and some oils. Your hair dresser is right when he says that hair wax is better than hair gel for your hair. The basic difference is that hair wax is made out of natural components and not synthetic ones. These natural products do not only hold your hair, but also nourish it, unlike the hair gel that is made out of chemical substances. I guess you could say that nowadays hair gels that are enriched with vitamins and hair growth components can be found, but these are also synthetic. And you shouldn't worry about the hold because hair wax is much stronger than hair gel. I would advise you to try out hair wax for a couple of weeks. If you are not satisfied you can go back to hair gel. In any case your hair will appreciate the change.