I recently got a short hairdo. I shaved one half off and left a bit of my hair. It looks pretty cool. I like making mohawks with my hair a lot, but my hair gel isn't really strong. I have to use clips and make it bend a bit. The hair gel I currently use is called Mitch, Construction Paste. It is made my Paul Mitchell. It isn't very strong though. So can any of you recommend some styling gel that work. Cause mine isn't strong at all, and I would like some recommendations on what styling paste to get.

your yhe expert on beaty tis,and you dont know what gel to use

I never said I was an expert. I'm just looking for some gel.

sorry for my spelling i was in a hurry,lol

Hiya, your hair style sounds cool, I wish I had the courage to do something like that to be honest! I've had short hair before but never shaved bits, but there's some really cool undercuts and stuff I've seen on the web and I've played with the idea of trying that before. What I have had before is just regular old short hair. It always looks better in the pictures in mags than in real life! What I used to use back then is bedhead by Tigi, the pink bottle. I just looked it up for you and it's called After Party. It smells great. I don't think you can make it stand up with that though, it's for smoothing, which you may also want sometimes? Is your hair curly or straight?

Oh thanks for the telling me about After Party, I might wanna try that. I like doing all kinds of things with my hair. My hair is curly by the way.

Have you tried Rave #4 hairspray? Thats mentioned alot and is meant to be super, super strong! To spike your hair, the general idea is to start at the base and then work your way up with the product or products you are using. You're then supposed to go crazy on your hair with a blow dryer to keep it up later. Some people use styling glue and you can even use egg whites if you like. Getting the stuff out is harder than getting it in, if it works well. I'm sure you will find your way if you experiment enough. You need time, but spending a fortune on expensive products is really not necessary. Congrats on your hawk.

That Mitch construction paste is meant for men by the way, I just looked it up, and of course there's no reason not to use that if you are rocking a short do like many guys have. I am not sure if it would work to spike longer hawks though? You say it isn't very strong but people with shorter hair love it, it has totally awesome reviews with the main benefit being that it doesn't look crispy and flakey like dried up glue. I think you probably just need extra strong hair spray in addition to what you are already using and you would be good to go. You can use a straightening iron as well to achieve cool hairstyles.

Celebrity

Hey,

I'm a bit of a "natural freak", but I swear that I read somewhere, that people with mohawks can use egg whites to keep their hawks up. I have never tried this myself admittedly, but it makes a lot of sense to me that this would work, and it's cheap to boot, so it might be something you would be interested in investigating. Of course, you would get the "shiny effect" that many gels give you with egg whites as well. I assume that the idea is you apply egg whites and then blow dry your hair. 

Hope that helps,

Rosie

I used to have short hair and a good short do can look really awesome. The trouble with short hair for me, as my hair is rather wild, is that it doesn't do what it's supposed to do. I also use a moped and so I have to wear a helmet before I get to work. That means any styling is pretty much impossible as the helmet will ruin it anyway. I did used to use all kinds of wax and mousse but I always ended up with a bad case of helmet hair. I have since decided to just let my hair grow again. It works for me, that's all I can say. When I go to work I have my hair in a braid and it's just no bother.

Some general tips to avoid short hair mistakes:

1. Drying your hair completely before styling. I prefer drying it a bit, then styling, then blow drying some more. Trust me, it works better. 
  2. Don't glue your hair to your head with tons of gel. It looks stupid. 
  3. Stressing too much. Short hair should be fun. Have fun with it. Do different things each day and don't worry whether it looks perfect because even if it doesn't, it can look like you intentionally made it that way.
  4. Trying to get your hair to be something it isn't. If your hair is naturally curly, love it! If it is straight, then embrace that. It will save you time and help you look much better. 

Hi Kitty. I think you should use the product according to the texture of your hair otherwise it could damage your hair too.

I never knew you could use egg whites as gel! It's very weird, using egg whites as gel. I imagine it's sticky and will maybe start to stink as well. You would need to wash out the egg white afterwards, and I don't usually wash my hair every day. Sounds like a hassle I'm not sure if it will really give a better result than my Mitchell Construction paste either. It might do, but I don't know. It IS a lot cheaper than Mitchell, so who knows, I might give it a try? I wonder where you read this interesting gel hack. Anyway, it's a cool bit of info if nothing else so thanks for telling me this.

More tips still welcome of course. I'm lazy with my hair so do the same style most days. I want nice results in under five minutes please.