I had hammertoe surgery on my 4th & 5th toes. It's been 3 months my toes are stiff there's no bend in my toes which cause me to be off balance. I was happier the way they were. My 4th toe now turns inward not a good look considering my feet wasn't that bad.bi tried to manually bend my toes and the feel like they are going to break. I addressed the problem with my doctor his reply was that my toes will not bend ( ever) they will only bend at the foot not the toes itself. I wish he would have discussed this with me before the surgery. He only said he can fix and eliminate the pain when wearing closed in shoes. I still can't wear closed in shoes because it's pain and the nail from my 4th toe that's turns inward is compressing against my 3rd toe and causes pain. So now Im stuck with stiff toes. Plus my 2 toes are much shorter than the rest ( ugly ). Pretty feet gone bad. Has anyone encounter the same problem

I'm in the same club with Desiree. My doctor said nothing about inflexibility of the toe (tarsals) post-surgery. In fact, they pushed back on my questions saying it would be months before the swelling went down. They were right about that, but the toe still won't bend at the second joint. And if I do something that begs for it to bend anyway, such as stand on my toes to reach a high shelf, the skin below actually splits open. Everytime. And this is now NINE years later. I hate it.