I am a 52 year old women experiencing frequent urination and have a large hard lump on the right side of my stomach in the morning before I urinate. The lump is relieved after urinating.

Your problem sounds like something i came across when I was reasearching a different problem that I have.

http://www.walgreens.com/library/contents.jsp?docid=001270&doctype=1

Bladder distention (urinary bladder over-filled with fluid) can cause a firm mass in the center of the lower abdomen above the pelvic bones, and in extreme cases can extend as far up as the navel.

It is quite possible that you have an urinary tract infection which can cause symptoms like this sometimes. But this lump is something that I am worried about. Very often infections are manifested trough the occurrence of swollen lymph nodes and they are swollen until our body is fighting them. After the infection is gone they usually pass on their own but if UTI is infection you have you will have to see your doctor about this matter as soon as possible.

If left untreated this infection can spread and cause kidney infection. You can try to build up your immune system to prevent the occurrence of UTI in the future. I hope that this was helpful and that you will resolve your problems fast.