I am a male of 24 and have a very sensitive head and sometimes my foreskin involuntary pulls back before full erection. Usually due to uncontrolable sudden excitment. As a child ~I found it quite painful to pull back my foreskin and clean my head and so never really cleaned it at all. I am now cleaning it but perhaps the damage has already been done? This is only part of the problem. I am a virgin but have tried numerous times to have sex with my girlfriend even with viagra etc. Because of this I am angry with myself and don't know what to do. I went to the GP(doctor) about it and she asked me had I any problems masterbating. I said no. But I didn't explain to her that I do not masterbate in the conventional sense. I would "hump the bed" for want of a better phrase. I have been doing this since I was a kid, maybe 9 or 10. I don't release the cum thou until I know that there is nobody around to see me holding tightly so as not to release the cum. When it is safe to do so I then release it into the toilet. Perhaps this isn't helping the situation? The doctor then recommended psychosexual councilling /therapy and viagra. I myself am not sure if it is a medical or mental problem or even both and am looking for your advice on the matter? Is it necessary to pull the foreskin back to put on the condom before sex? Or is it just to enhance sexual pleasure? This is quite painfull for me.

You're not alone. And your doctor's an id**t.

The reason our sensitivity is so high is because for our entire lives the tip of our phallus (the most sensitive part) has been covered by a slick smooth layer of foreskin. Thus, the tip has never met much resistance via abrasion. If you take a circumsized man, this is not a problem. The circumsized man has lived his whole life with a certain amount of abrasion. This very fact actually accounts for a lower sensitivity in his own penis, due to callouses.

My advice? I don't have any. You have to live with it. Eventually your sensitivity decreases somewhat, but not entirely. I'm only 20, so I have no real idea if the sensitivity completely dulls, but I'd like to assume so. If anything, I know that the "pain" sensation does lessen somewhat, if this is any consolation to you. So for now, I'd just suggest keeping your foreskin over the tip while putting on a condom (pinch the top of the foreskin and slide the condom down slowy, keeping the foreskin at the top) and function that way. Lubricated condoms are the best because they provide the same abrasion protection as does your foreskin. And make sure your girlfriend is ready! Foreplay man! It'll slide right in!

Also, make sure you communicate with your partner about your sensitivity! It's not very sexy if she's hurting you, nor is it very sexy if she finds out six months later that she's been torturing you!

Good luck man!

Contrary to the other answer you got (above), your doctor may be right on. You have grown up doing a number of things the wrong way, and learned how to compensate for them in order to get by. Now the problems you ignored (or actually caused) are coming home to roost, like so many chickens.
You can never expect to have a normal healthy penis if you don't clean it regularly. You can never expect to clean it if you cannot get the foreskin all the way back off the head. Since you have waited for so long to do this, it is naturally going to be hypersensitive to the touch. Imagine what your feet would look and feel like if you never took your socks off for fourteen years. They'd be all red and irritated too, and that's if they had'nt already rotted and fallen off.
You didn't tell the doctor everything she might need to know, and you didn't get an explanation from her about the advice which you didn't understand. This is called a failure to communicate.
We have just learned here that it is actually possible to have sex without a retractable/retracting/retracted foreskin. Some kind of sex, that is, and obviously a quite weird kind. It is highly doubtful you will ever be able to father a child, though, or keep a woman for very long, if you don't get some serious help.

Could you have given a more morally destroying answer? I unfortunately suffer from phimosis (non-retracting foreskin) and have a hypersensitive head so I dont consider circumcision a remedy. Bardish's answer gave me hope that I might still be able to have sex even with my condition, provided I use a condom, only for you to say:

"We have just learned here that it is actually possible to have sex without a retractable/retracting/retracted foreskin. Some kind of sex, that is, and obviously a quite weird kind"

and completely dash my hopes. Just wanted to ask if you suffer from any seriously confidence destroying conditions that I can mock you for?
Thanks, you insensitive prick.

well guys i started pulling back on my foreskin since i was like 9. and yes it hurt a lot...... maybe just maybe i liked the pain so i kept on doing it till my full head was completely out...... and damn it was tight and uncomfortable and yes very very sensitive but believe me. it hurts but it's worth it because after a while it don't hurt no more and you can play with it way better without the pain!!!!! so remember no pain no gain!!!! i sure am glad i did it when i was young now im 24 and i don't think i would like to go through that much pain now!!!

I think most all the responses above have some truth to them, but please remember that none of these responses is a professional. Some are blunt, and some could be phrased better... to be more supportive and helpful.

I tend to give the woman GP doctor a bit more credit, as she is trying to provide the best counseling to the initial poster possible. Remember, she's a GP, not a specialist... and just because someone has been referred to counseling is not a bad thing. I just makes sure that the patient has the best resource available to work with the entire condition.

It may be very possible for this individual to do all the things they want, but it will probably take some time to heal, both physically and socially.

You may choose not to have a circumcision... but there are other options too.
A dorsal slit, stretching, exercising.... there are a lot of options. A doctor is best trained to deal with this in person...not anonymous internet peers.

can i just say that everything Charles II said is absolutely retarded. Nothing he said made sense? not being able to father children? not being able to keep a woman? none of that is even close to true.

I personally dont suffer the same problem as you but there really is nothing that wrong with you. You just have to either have sex with a condom with your foreskin up so as the head is not exposed. Or over time expose your head to more and more touching and your head will become less sensitive and stimulation will become more pleasurable. Best to start under water, perhaps in a bath.

good luck.

Hey guys, I am 21, and also have a case of phimosis (which is your foreskin not being able to retract fully). Ive been having sex since I was 16 years old and the problem never really bothered me too much. However about 6 months ago, when I had sex I started feeling a really uncomfortable pain, as a result of my foreskin pulling back and my head being exposed, which had never really been exposed before.

So, twice a day I started training my foreskin, I would pull it back as far as I could go then release it, kept doing this until I hit a stage where I could pull it over the head completely. Second stage decreasing the sensitivity to pain of my head. At first I couldnt even touch it, nor shower with my head exposed. However, after a month of doing this I can comfortably have unprotected sex. I went from my foreskin covering my head and my head never being exposed (and being in tremendous pain when it was exposed) to having comfortable unprotected sex, with my foresking pulled back how its supposed to be. Training your foreskin and head is a fairly arduous and painful experience but well worth it.

Best of luck!

I have/had the same problem, however I masturbated properly and therefore when doing so pulled the foreskin back further and further each time (the stretching was painful of course, took a few months). Then I was able to pull back fully with a full erection. However the head was very sensitive for obvious reasons, but in the shower I put warm water on it, move skin back and forth: eventually you get used to it. Though a condom helps during sex.

I actually thought for a long time the problem was the vein at the bottom and thought it would "burst" :$ , but it was just the foreskin.

Just thought I'd post this, maybe it will help someone like me ;-)

Hey, can i just say that i've been having sex and my foreskin doesn't retract when i am erect but i can still have sex and can still father a child as my girlfriend recently got pregnant.

Let us assume that Charles II is saying that without proper attention to his hygene, that the Guest may have limited options to attract a mate.
Certainly, it is not true that he will biologically not be able to father a child, or will NEVER have sex.

I agree with most of CharlesII points that this requires some attention, some patience, and that you'll want to begin "training" or stretching now... and to pay attention to hygene.

Let's not get into name calling here, guys, but respect that we're all trying to learn from one another's experiences.
And from what I hear, we're all basically saying the same thing... that it CAN be done, given time and patience.

This guest is right. As long as you can retract when flaccid to clean it out thats all that matters, the rest is up to you. But it is worth working at theres a lot of different sensations you can experience with a fully retractable foreskin,.

Guest wrote:

Best of luck!

People,there are creams with vitamin D (and E) which are use to heal diaper rash in babies which make the glands stronger and also smooth and feeling like a peach rind .You just have to use them after sex -and if you wnat it,also in-between,after washing,to make it both more pleasant to the touch and stronger to erosion.What doctors don´t tell us is that the glands suffer too much erosion in both sex and masturbation,needing some artificial healing.Of course the cream must not have any abrasive substance.

I recommned using a (non abrasive) cream for baby diaper rash,with vitamin D (and some have vit E too)on the glans after sex (and in-between,after washing it and properly drying it) : it makes the glands softer to the touch,like a peach rind,and also wears the hypersensitivity off,cause it heals the tissue which is "eroded" by the natural friction of sex and masturbation !

TylKeoKen wrote:

Oh,and use it on the foresking ridge too . Of course,if one also has allergic problems,a skin doc must be consulted 1