Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Basically, my foreskin doesn't retract fully when I am erect. Two reasons for this, my foreskin is very tight and the head of my penis under my foreskin is very sensitive. Is there any conventional method of remedying this problem without going to the doctor? And that won't take so long. I can masterbate fine, when i masterbate i don't go anywhere near the head of my penis, i just work up and down the shaft. That's fine and all but I am worried about the problems i am going to face when I have sex. Please all tips help is appreciated. _________________

Hi Ross,

This is common in a lot of guys, up until 16 or so.

Stretch your foreskin!  How doesn't matter.  You can pull down on the shaft and let the glans "force" the opening wider or use your fingers to do the same.

The glans is sensitive because the nerves have been protected your entire life.  Let your penis "hang out" if you can.  Eventually it won't be as sensitive.

Good luck.

Thanks, Is there any way of speeding up the process of these two problems, I heard that using alcohol of the head of the penis helps with the sensitivity of the head, this correct? and how long stretching my foreskin will be had before it can fully retract and when it is fully retracted, is that it for life or can ot go back to being too small again? thank you.

Once you stretch your foreskin Ross it's for life. You want it to be able to slide fairly freely up and down. Alcohol? Ouch! Don't use it. Just keep the head uncovered and let it dry out naturally.

You can use any method to stretch the foreskin, whatever is easier.  The more you do it, the faster the results.

Ok thanks, also, if I just get the head of my penis to be not sensitive anymore, how bog a problem will sex be then, considering my foreskin wont be retracting fully? Alcohal wouldn't speed it up no? Thanks a mill. Basically I need to know what to do in order to have sex asap seeing as my girlfriend wants to start.

Ross,

You can always put a condom on (smart idea anyways) and it will keep you from having any problems with the foreskin while you're having sex.

Ideally, without a condom, your foreskin glides up and down. The head, after a while, won't be as sensitive. You really don't want it THAT sensitive. You'll still be able to feel everything just not feel as though your penis is on fire.

Translation, less sensitive = you last longer = she smiles more!

Just take your time whatever you do.

Good luck.

Really sorry but this part confused me ''The head, after a while, won't be as sensitive. You really don't want it THAT sensitive. You'll still be able to feel everything just not feel as though your penis is on fire.'' Are you referring to the fact that using the alcohol will kill of all sensitivity that I wont be able to feel it at all? I know you saying let it hang out but if i pull my foreskin back when I'm flaccid and walk around it really hurts so just standing in the shower running water over it, that sufficient? Thanks loads, I am clear now on the foreskin issue, just stretching it, plain and simple, just the sensitivity on the head I didn't understand what you were saying and telling me to do. Sorry for being like a broken record but i just want to make sure i know what your advice is clearly. Thanks

What I'm saying is that in time, the head won't be as sensitive. You'll still have full feeling but it won't be like it is now. That is normal. As the nerves in the foreskin get used they become less sensitive.

I know it "hurts" when you first start to touch it. This is normal. It would be uncomfortable for you to have sex like that. The nerves are basically overstimulated. So, yes, let it hang out and touch your underwear. I know it hurts but it needs to get used to touching things. You can do it in the shower under the water too. Whatever works for you. Take your time.

Again, don't use alcohol on it. Have you ever put alcohol on a cut? It'll be almost the same reaction. The glans is a "mucous membrane." It is by design very moist.

Hope it helps Ross.

ive read thats what njoynlife did, used alcohol. he said it would clean the smegma off so it would be slick then he could rub his fingers over it. if you try it just do a small spot and see if its ok.

Should add that he put the alcohol on a cottonball.

Guess I better add one more step. He would rub his fingers over it often to help it be less sensitive.

Ok I'm going to give this a good go. When we say alcohol, that means vodka right? How many times a day and for how long should I be walking around with my foreskin back. As much as possible is it? Thanks again :)

if you use the vodka in other ways i imagine it could kill the pain. no use rubbing alcohol. yep, keep it back as much as possible.

Just realised there that there is skin that (at the back of the head) attaches itself to the head of my penis. I know there is more to this because I read it somewhere that someone had the same thing, what is the story with that? Thanks.

Back, as in underneath? That's the frenulum and IS NORMAL. It should also stretch a bit.