Hello. I am 26 years old and had my third child 9 and a half months ago. I am always very active and i don't eat junk food, but over the last nine months i have gained a huge amount of weight around my abdomen, so much so that i look about 6 months pregnant. It's causing me to do the typical "pregnancy walk" a.k.a the waddle, and i can feel the top inner parts of my thighs rubbing against each other when i walk, which is extreamly uncomfortable. To add to this, i have got really bad flatulence, which is awful because i've never had that before! I excersise a lot, i don't smoke and hardely ever drink. I have the marina coil in as contraceptive. I chose this because it is known for NOT causing you to gain weight. Also to add to all of this, my skin on my face seems dull, tired and baggy. Yes obviously i know that is partially down to having three young kids, but there's something else going on i'm sure of it. This is sending me down a horrible path of depression and i'm finding it more and more difficult to find the strength, energy and will to continue exersising and eating healthily. I had a test to see if i had any cysts on my overies and also to see if i have an umbilical hernia but both tests came back negative. I'm lost, upset, depressed and miserable.....I tell you, if one more person asks me when's my due date, i'm going to punch them in the face! Please somebody help me...Please.

I'm not a doctor, but I work with them.  One of the ways they recognize gall bladder and fatty liver disease is someone who is "female, fat, 40 and flatulent".  You're not 40 (and the fat you describe may be mostly gas), but a lot of women encounter liver issues with pregnancy.  Gall bladder issues usually involve pain (right side under ribs), which you don't report, but a "fatty liver" is also a possibility, and fatty livers are usually painless.  

If you are breast feeding, breast milk demands a lot of choline from the mother and choline is very important to keep your liver happy.  Meat and eggs have lots of choline, so if you don't eat a lot of these, you could be low on choline.  

Eggs also have something else livers love...  Lecithin!  Lecithin helps transport fats out of fatty livers and promotes bile flow which is important for proper digestion of fats.  A sluggish liver/gall bladder with poor bile flow can make you flatulent, and cause other problems as well.  

You might ask your doctor for a "liver and lipid" blood test (liver enzymes and blood lipid profile) to see if you've got an unhappy liver.  The blood lipid panel requires a blood draw at least 8 hours after your last meal, so schedule your appointment early in the morning if you don't want to go hungry all day.  

Adding eggs to your diet for a month or so to see if the lecithin (and choline) in them might help should be a safe and easy thing to try.  I should think 2 eggs, three times a week would be plenty.  The good stuff is in the yoke.  Try not to overcook them too much.  If the yoke is a bit runny (sunny side up, over easy, soft boiled, or soft scrambled), you'll get the most benefit from the eggs.  You should see results (less flatulence) in a month or so if this is the problem.  

With less gas you should have less bloating and a flatter tummy!  

You say you don't eat junk food. How is your diet otherwise?

I reckon this is related to digestion and nutrition. I had a distended stomach and took steps to bring this down to 'flat'. Mostly by putting a bit more fiber into my diet and aseye berry. My belt has gone in and I have more confidence. 

Just curious, do you track your fiber intake?