Hi can anyone help. I'm 26 year old female with three kids. I have been feeling like this for a year but it's getting worse and my doctors don't seem to want to know. I feel extremely full up all the time my stomach is empty and I feel so full like I've eaten a really big meal even without eating I can't even manage one cup of fluid a few sips is all I can manage. I feel nausea a lot and especially if I eat or drink. Even taking a sip of water makes me feel sick. I also have constant burning in my tummy I am always tired. My stools are hard and have mucus in them but this may be from not eating and drinking. I have had an endoscopy which had no abnormalities. I've been tested for h pylori three times and that was negative. I have had a blood test for ovarian cancer which came back normal and my doctor said there isn't nothing else they can do for me. What can I do? I can't look after my children properly and I know something is wrong but I don't know what. I can't afford to go private so I rely on the nhs.

I'm not a doctor, but I have a couple thoughts...  

Fatty liver is epidemic now days and this might explain your symptoms.  Nausea, anorexia and fatigue are classic liver symptoms.  

Fatty livers can get huge (hepatomegaly) and most folks don't realize the left lobe of the liver reaches all the way across the underside of your diaphragm to just below the the center of your left breast.  This can cause pressure  on your stomach and explain the full feeling.  

Fatty livers are caused by too many carbs (especially high fructose corn syrup) and polyunsaturated vegetable oils used in deep fryers.  If you're on the heavy side, this can predispose you to this too.  

An abdominal ultrasound is an economical way to "size" the liver and see if it's fatty or not.  The NHS should not refuse you this study.  

Read up on fatty liver, and see if this sounds like what you might have.

Best of Luck to you!  

Thank you for your reply, I did read about the liver yesterday my doctors don't want to send me for tests. They aren't listening to me. I am ten stone in weight and have lost two and a half stone from this. I will surely put that forward to the doctor in hope they listen. Thank you again.

Hi Lidd,
I was wondering if you have had any relief from your symptoms and if you got a diagnosis. I have had similar sypmtoms for over a year. Thanks

hi, I am actually going through now what you are and found out the other day that my gull bladder is inflammed. This is causing the fullness, the tiredness and lack of appetite. My doctor has ordered a Hydro scan to see how my gull bladder is functioning in the meantime until that gets taken care of I am on zofrain for the nausea, and levoquin for the swelling. you might want to mention to your doctor to have your gull bladder checked.

Hi I have had my gall bladder out already before this started. I don't seem to be having much luck with it. I'm still suffering, thank you for the suggestion. :)

Hey did you find out what's wrong I've been having some of the same symptoms i wonder what it could be

I am still waiting to find out. I have just had a 24 hour study for ph in stomach. How long have you been suffering for? It's horrible. :(

I am 60, and am having the burning/stinging stomach (about where the diaphram is) with fullness, too.  I have only had it about two weeks. I take Aciphex for acid reflux, but it is not helping with this problem right now.  About 2 weeks ago I had a very strong sinus infection. That may have triggered it somehow.  When I eat something, its only about a half cup or maybe a cup and I am so full.  After it digests a little, the burning starts again but not when I eat.  It makes my whole body exhausted with no energy for anything.  I just had a bunch of blood drawn and urine taken yesterday at the blood lab to see what they can find.  I have been trying to read up on different symptoms online, and so far I found that it could be gastritis.  Not so sure about that yet until I read some more symptoms.  It sure would not hurt if you gave up gluten and dairy that has lactose.  Eat things without gluten and see what happens and give up dairy for a short time, too.  Let me know what you find out and I will do the same. 

its hpylori guys.. Doctors wont tell you ..big bucks on acid reflux meds... Simple blood test will show be needed to diagnose. Clarithromycin@prevacid treatment or tetracycline which is hard to get,wonder why????? Um

It will sound like a bitt extreme but I have done some extensive and I do mean EXTENSIVE research. It would be best for all of you to do some research on parasites and worms. Iwas blown away to find that most people have 3 to4 parasites livng in their body at any given time that are reproducing daily and robbing us of nutrients. Try a cup of coffee or two first thing in the moring your stomache will really start singing (angrily). Coffee makes them mad. Google this stuff people I am so serious as ridiculous as it may sound. Get on yotube do someting! I also do believe that many people do not realize what is going on with chemicals in the foods we eat every single day. The chemicals that cause illnesses that lead to cancers need to be researched. The gov has long ago approved of cloned meat and cloned seedsfor vegetables.....guys ceck into this! The effects will blow your mind.      But for the stomache thing have tests done to determine if it is worms. Suppossedly everyone has them because they live in pork and processed food which America is so famous for. There are natural cures for them. Doctors rarely find them they just treat the symptoms and label them as something else. Perhaps its a medical industry secret kept to make money treating symptoms and not the cause? Any who I am terribly intrigued by this topic and in my own opinion well informed just piecing it all together.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use