Salty in moutb
paiin in back left side above hip
dizziness
small bowel stinging
clueless

Salty in moutb
paiin in back left side above hip
dizziness
small bowel stinging
clueless

Salty in moutb
paiin in back left side above hip
dizziness
small bowel stinging
clueless

Me, too! Mouth tastes very salty for no apparent reason. I am a healthy, 68 year old male, take no medication, rarely an aspirin, a few vitamins. The only thing I might add is that this has been an occasional condition for me. Probably began about ten years ago. The first episode lasted about 3 or 4 weeks, then disappeared. About a year later, same thing. I would have occasional episodes, some seemingly very mild. I've had none for the past 3-4 years. Now, for the past week, I have a more severe episode going on. The only recent things that are different are 1) I have lost 20 pounds recently with the HCG diet, and 2) I started occasionally using Lavoris original flavor (cinnamon) mouth wash.

I hope there might be a clue in here for someone. I have no idea what causes this for me or you!

Well after reading ten dozen posts on the his subject I begin to realize that my problem is not just with me.. Not only do I have the salty taste but it is in my eyes as well.. My face is always over salty and this is driving me crazy. Drinking tons of water does not help. Brushing teeth does not help. Diet change does not help and neither does no salt or salt eating. I have had this salt taste since  I stopped smoking over 7 months ago I feel worse now then I did smoking. Now I have a stomach ache each day all day as well as a constant feeling of nausea I can not get rid of. Have no idea what caused this but I do know that somehow my body is out of balance.. The trick is to get it back in balance so maybe this will go away. Meanwhile whether I eat or don't eat the taste and nausea is with me all day long.

Hi, Sandra and others. I would think that drinking lots of water might help, but it certainly hasn't helped me. Here's a left-handed one for you: How about starting to smoke again? 8-|  That might seem to be an awful thing to do, but who knows??

Ya water does not help.Nothing helps. If it wasnt for health issues I would go back to smoking lol.. I have even tried gravol  etc.. that does not work either.. frustrating when you feel horrible all day every day and even have trouble sleeping with this

Well I've read all the closed posts and saw stuff from "it's the water in a certain area, to it's a brain tumor".  The most resent reasons I've seen are because of quitting smoking.  BINGO.  That would be me.  I've been 60 days smoke free and the salty taste is driving me nuts.  I have 1 12 oz cup of coffee a day, drink tons of water (so I don't think I'm dehydrated), and I wake up with dry mouth and my lips taste like I've been sucking on a salt stick.  GROSS!!! The other problems is this.  I'm now swelling up like a balloon if I eat anything with salt as well as my food tasting like a brick of salt.  Start smoking again???  Really wish I could!!!! I can't stand the smell of stale smoke though.  So I'm stuck either way.  I need to loose a couple of pounds so maybe the salt tasting food will help with that.  giggles   ;-)  Thank you all for your input!!!  RJK

Hello again. At this point, the salty taste has disappeared for the time being. It lasted about a month. When, if, and how it might return remains a mystery. Glad to have it gone, though! MJC

My friend had an accident 5 days ago and he also has the "salty taste syndrom" now. Did anything come up from your headscan?
'Cause my friend is too stubborn to go to the doctor and i'm pretty scared that something is wrong because he had a big blow to the head.
Please, answer me as fast as u can.

Hi, again. My salty mouth taste definitely does not come from some sort of trauma. It has come back again over the last couple weeks, but it's now quite mild, just enough to know it's there. No rhyme or reason for this thing, and mo other symptoms with it. We are in a hot climate, and perspire a lot, but this happened before we moved here. I never know when or if. Just have to take it one day at a time. This thing is not disabling, but just very unpleasant! Marty from AZ  XD

I have this now for 3 months.  Started off with metallic taste and lump in throat.  Then added chest pain after eating and while laying down.
Had blood tests for all kinds of things.  My doctor's couldn't figure it out.  Then I had an endoscopy and they said I had mild inflammation of the esophagus and diagnosed me with GERD.  Funny thing is I didn't have acid reflux symptoms.  So they put me on PPI drugs which gave me migranes and made me feel worse. I decided to see an acupuncturist, Chinese medicine, and went on a STRICT, all natural diet.  No booze, caffeine, sugar, spicy food ,etc.  still no relief.   I went off the diet for a week to see if it made my symptoms worse, but it didn't.  I had no change.  Then my acupuncturist said we should try allergy testing.  So I am back on a strict diet of water, fruits & veggies and very little brown rice and chicken. 

I decided to email my GI doctor to see if they had tested me for H.pylori bacteria after reading about it on so many blogs.  She said my stomach looked "normal" so NO she didn't test me for it, so I asked my primary Dr. for a blood test.  Sure enough I came back positive for the H. Pylori bacteria.  H. pylori can cause not only stomach problems and ulcers, but also GERD like symptoms.  Just because my stomach was normal in appearance doesn't mean the bacteria isn't present and causing this problem.  Bacterial infections can cause bad tastes as well.  Most people live with this bacteria and never have any symptoms, but for some it can cause stomach ulcers that lead to cancer. 

I started a course of antibiotics yesterday against the advice of my acupuncturist because I can't stand this salty taste anymore! There are natural ways to knock out the H.Pylori bacteria, but they take 6 months to MAYBE work.  Antibiotics don't always work either, but I NEED to try. 
I am also having sinus pressure and dryness in my nose, which again might be caused by the bacteria.  For now I am staying on my strict diet, drinking lots of water and taking antibiotics for 2 weeks.

I'll check back in if my symptoms improve.  Also if anyone has had success with antibiotics for H.Pylori, can you share your story?

Hang in there everyone.  Go for walks. Keep moving and get some exercise.  Talk about your problems with friends and loved ones.  This salty taste can cause depression, so don't let it get you down.  I did get depressed for a bit, but I am trying to fight back and stay positive.

Take care!

Quote:

Hi all,
This IS FOR EVERYONE WITH THIS PROBLEM!!! I have had this whole salty taste thing for about a month now, i have done extensive research on the subject, THE MOST COMMON thing in this thread is that ALMOST EVERYONE has GERD or some type of stomach problem, well, I want to tell everyone here a true success story, NOT ONLY DID IT ELIMINATE MY SALTY TASTE, BUT MY STOMACH IS HEALED!! I Have been diagnosed with I.B.S., Gerd, AND stomach ulcers. Well, after hours and hours of research, i discovered i had Helicobator Pylori!!!! PEOPLE, This is a VICIOUS Bacteria, it has caused me problems now, I Believe anyway, For 6+ Years. I Am An avid fisherman, and if you are too, or if you spend alot of time out camping and stuff, I WOULD GO GET TESTED FOR THIS!!! I have been miserable for 6 years taking this and that to help acid reflux, and to help my I.B.S. And come to find out, I Started taking the natural cure that KILLS helicobator Pylori, It is a VERY RARE Honey that comes from New Zeland, It is called RAW MANUKA HONEY, I Have Been off my other meds and taking 1 tbsp 3 times a day for 3 days now, well this is day 3 as i said, and the salty taste is gone! My stomach hasnt been hurting, my appetite has increased by about 50 PERCENT, My stool is more "solid" And i havent felt this good in, well, PROBABLY 6 YEARS!!! THANKS TO EVERYONE IN THIS POST, NOT SURE IF THIS IS EVERYONES PROBLEM, BUT GIVE IT A SHOT, THE HONEY WAS ONLY LIKE $20, MUCH CHEAPER THAN A or Multiple doctor(s) visit. :D

Hi<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Many thanks for sharing this post, Has your salty mouth come back? Has the honey killed the bacteria for good or do you need to continue taking the honey (Natural Antibiotic).

My Salty mouth is currently only 24hrs inn... (17/09/11). I first noticed last night after eating sweet popcorn which I was convinced had accidently been salted, I asked my girl friend to taste it and she was like.....wtf you talking about, since then my dinner and tea has only required pepper.

I am 32years, male, really bad diet, smoked for 20 years drink larger once per month, 10 coffee's per day every day, no medication of any kind including vitamins, not over weight, play football and run 2 to 3 times per week, no health problems ever!! Rarely I’ll (cold).

Building up to my salty episode the only difference in my lifestyle was 7 days prior on the Saturday I went out on a 30th Birth day and drank 9 pints got mega drunk, I didn't really hydrate properly as I often drink water, worked Sunday through to Friday 7am to 2am every night (knackered) on the Thursday I got hit hard by the football in my right side, half hip and half kidney area, was very painful, slightly bruised, also I had a large can of red bull on the Friday afternoon that I never ever drink.

I personally believe that there are likely to be quiet a few causes of salty mouth: - here's a few that have bee posted here. My self medication will be water for 2 days if I still have it I will go for the honey:).

1. Dehydration

2. Helicobator Pylori - bacteria infection of the gut/stomach

3. Damaged taste bud

4. Damaged or irritated nerve either by dentist/teeth or back/neck injuries.

5. I don’t think so.... Food or water additives such as MSG's or Fluoride

6 Less likely, brain tumour

7. More less likely, someone spiked your fresh cool beautiful water with the entire salt pot.

I'll let you know how I get on with my (bottled water) and then yogurts failing this the honey option.

Thanks Mark

Well, I too had this taste in my mouth for a long time...I quit using Colgate tooth paste Whitening that had triclosan in it. I believe that was causing my problem with the salty taste in my mouth. Thanks to someone in this link that redirected me to a different site. It was in the second thread.

hope all is doing well

Take care

Thank you. I will try this, also. I love this site- gives me comfort that I am not alone with this problem.