Hello everyone. I have had problems in my mouth for so long now I feel like I'm going mad. It's sometimes a non stop salty tongue taste, like someone has poured salt at the back of my tongue and it makes me feel quite sick. Other times it's not salty, it's bad breath.

This is quite disgusting but I put my finger on my left tonsil, and when I smell it it smells like poo. I looked this up, and it's a tonsil stone. It's only tiny though, and I think that it might be unrelated.

When it's the salt problem, nothing and I mean nothing gets rid of it. Makes me think it's internal. So it's either the stomach, the nose, or the throat. However, funnily enough, I have an ear infection on the same side as this tonsil stone. So could it be related to the ear??!

I went to an oral expert who was utterly useless. Suggested "don't think about it" and then said I could potentially take some pills which would have to be taken for a year and would "reset" the tongue. He basically admitted that they were antidepressants and would have side effects. Absolutely ridiculous solution to a problem he clearly had no idea about.

Great!

I quit smoking 41 days ago and for the past few days, my mouth tastes like someones put a teaspoon of salt in i t! Have a doctors appointment on Fri.. and a dentist appointment the following week. if I remember, I'll come back and let you all know what they come up with. So far though, a nurse has told me that she believes it's because my taste buds are now unclogged from the nicotine. thoughts??

My guess is that you will learn nothing from either doc. Sorry to be discouraging, but the reality is that these guys don't know much about non mainstream stuff. (Most don't know even the mainstream!) How's that for cynicism?

Sorry to hear the sad news..

Look at your diet - are you eating lots of GM foods? Check whether you're ingesting canola (rapeseed) oil and corn syrup, wheat, soy, dairy products. Lots of those are GM products and I suspect people are being poisoned by them. Then check your exercise routine - join a gym and swim a lot. Eat organic as much as possible. Try a fresh organic juice fast for a week or at least a few days and then see how you feel. Go to a herbalist and nutritionist who knows about healthy organic foods for help. Try zinc tablets and a good multivitamin (non-GM preferably). I cured my salty taste and even blisters in my mouth by cleansing my system that way. Also make sure you don't have diverticulitis (causes what you might think is back ache but is actually from food lodged in your colon - in little balloon-like pockets that form in your intestines).

Conniecot wrote:

Sandra Wosk-Smale wrote:

Well after reading ten dozen posts on the his subject I begin to realize that my problem is not just with me.. Not only do I have the salty taste but it is in my eyes as well.. My face is always over salty and this is driving me crazy. Drinking tons of water does not help. Brushing teeth does not help. Diet change does not help and neither does no salt or salt eating. I have had this salt taste since  I stopped smoking over 7 months ago I feel worse now then I did smoking. Now I have a stomach ache each day all day as well as a constant feeling of nausea I can not get rid of. Have no idea what caused this but I do know that somehow my body is out of balance.. The trick is to get it back in balance so maybe this will go away. Meanwhile whether I eat or don't eat the taste and nausea is with me all day long.

HHow are you doing now? Just wondered since I have had it also for 4 months.

Chances are, given that you have a stomach ache, it's food-related. Look at your GM intake - see my other post on this matter. Avoid canola (rapeseed) oil and corn syrup - and other mainly GM products in the US: soya (tofu), wheat, corn, anything not labelled organic or fresh. Try zinc tablets and a good multivitamin, exercise a lot (swimming is good), an organic juice fast. Cleanse your system. Also organic Manuka Honey helps - and counters the salty taste. Find a good nutritionist and herbalist - who know about organic foods.

I'll be trying this, and will also stop at an herbal place to see what they say. thanks!

have you looked at sjorns syndrome

Thank you so much! You have no idea how much sense you make here. I do have diverticulitis and had not related it to back aches though. I'll keep cleansing.. thanks!

I will check into sjorns syndrome, I had never heard of this before.

Sandra, I add cinnamon to my water often because they tell me that cinnamon is good to use while you quit smoking.
Also, are you using a state hotline for quiting? or the quitline online? i took and take advantage of both. Take care, Linda

Where did you get the raw manuka honey? I can't seem to find it

It went away on it's own.

A stomach ache indicates trouble in that part of your body. Sounds as if you might have an intestinal problem - have your doctor check your colon and intestines - via colonoscopy. Have you been in Egypt or India or any place like that? Make sure you haven't caught a bug. Is the water where you live free of chemicals? Is fracking going on where you live? Are you eating GMOs? Check it out. Change your diet - grapes, olives, fermented foods, real plain yogurts help. Brush your tongue every time you brush your teeth. Eat Manuka Honey to counteract the salty taste and also heal yourself. Eat organic foods. Zinc sometimes helps. Exercise - swimming is good. All those things done together might
help.