H. Pylori is a bacteria that many people have, but is extreme to only a few. If you have the salty taste and a history of stomach and bowl problems then you need to get tested for this.

Thank You So Much

its silent reflux

Yes, It happened to me 9 years ago when I had fillings and now it is happening again. Last time this happened a couple months after I started tasting salt I started vomiting on a daily basis and ended up with esphogitis . Eventually with dietary changes and GERD medication including removing salt, chocolate, alcohol, artificial sweetener, and fried foods from my diet I stopped tasting salt and vomiting. 9 years ago I went to 3 different dentist, an allergist, my GP, neurologist, and gastro with no real answers other than it maybe due to IBS. I just recently had fillings again and now I am tasting salt all the time. I despite the dentist's denial of the possibility that I could be allergic or at least sensitive to my fillings, I really think they are the cause. I have suggested to my dentist that maybe he could do a study on the occurrence of people having a salty taste in their mouth after dental work. I am a non smoker and non coffee drinking. I have an occasional soda. If anyone has found answers please let me know.

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet but a salty/metallic taste is quite often one of the symptoms of Lymes Disease. Maybe something to look into. I had Lymes disease for a very short time when I was younger and the salty taste was the main thing I remember. Even ice cream was salty

Perhaps a chest CT would show what it is. That worked for me.

I bet it's the Bactrim. I have the same saltiness Africa started Bactrim and for the entire ten months I had to take it. That salt taste can drive you crazy, ruins enjoyment of many foods, too.i also have resorted to sugarless gum all day as well as overnight. Ugh!

I have had a salty tasty in my mouth again recently with no other symptoms mentioned in your blog. It has happened in the past and I have no idea why it came or went. My diet excludes sugar, restricted carbs , no tea or coffee lots of salads and I eat meat about twice a week. I have been using Sensodyne Pronamel toothpaste. I am interested in developments in your blog, but as I have few other symptoms I am not worried about it; just curious.

I've had this saltiness for over a year, and it started around the time I had a root canal done.

Hi aashi .
Im having the exact case
Any updates?

Hello! I have a terrible salty taste since last week (11/15/16) - right after a dental filling. My face "sunk" for a few hours and now everything is salty in my mouth. I'm wondering if the antibiotics you took helped and whether anything else you did ended up helping? Thanks!

Hi , I have also had a salty tip of my tongue and am type 2 diabetic. I have followed an 8 week 800 calorie diet and lost 35 pounds. My sugar levels are now normal all the time and have cut medication in half. Is it possible losing belly fat around organs may by waking up the pancreas and the salty taste is a side effect of quickly losing the weight. Thanks for any insight.

I too have the increased
mucus ,cant get it out much...it is salty , Im thinking of going to dr. But dont feel sick, just cant get rid of the salty taste. I just found all of these post...Wow lots of people having same trouble. Thanks I will continue to read,

Do you have spine issues?
Possibly cerebral leak?

What help me to cure the salty taste in my mouth ...I tried to cut down on coffee, and alcohol in take ( though I only drink a glass of wine or a beer but I change to drink every other day ). But what really help is coconut water. I drink a big box of it everyday in the morning and at night. I would say after a five days the salty taste in my mouth had almost gone.