Very interesting to see these responses about Mumps. I had what looked like mumps a year ago. Initially, I had an inability to taste salt. Then it switched to always tasting salty, metallic, blood like. It seemed like the taste came around my teeth. I had multiple sequlae from the mumps like virus: it affected my nervous system (meningitis), heart (myocarditis) and hearing (tinnitus and mild hearing loss.) I saw the ENT today and he suggested this could be Chord of Tympani dysfunction. This is a nerve that runs along the side of the face. Both abnormal and loss of taste has been reported. He suspects that nerve got injured and wants me to try Lyrica (similar to gabapentin) to see if this helps. We will see. My hope it that this is a temporary thing that eventually goes away.

This is me right here! Did u by any chance find a way to solve it

Ask dr. To test you for sjogrens

I remember just waking up in the middle of summer early in the morning to a random hit of nausea, with all of a sudden a salty taste in my vast producing saliva. Next thing you know, I try my best to make I to the bathroom due to fatigue and end up throwing up all over the floor. This also happened to me about six years ago when we were strolling good ol' San Francisco. I had the exact same symptoms just minus the throwing up. I don't know I I should be concerned about this or it's just once a while phenomenon.

I'm in the seventh week of the same diet and also have successfully lowered my blood glucose levels to normal . But now have the salty taste in my mouth so I'm also curious if others on the diet are experiencing this?

Angelica,
I had a new ceramic right lower molar crown placed in October and have had a persistent salty taste on the right posterior side of my tongue since. It has been persistent and has not abated since the procedure. It influences my taste and is ruining my wine tasting passion. I have other crowns, but they never had this issue.

if I rub the anterior (tip) of my tongue against this crown, I get the same salty taste there. The initial taste in the first week after the crown was metallic/salty, but is now more salty.
Raymond MD

Angelica,

Raymond MD

Angelica,

Raymond MD

I have had this salty taste for just 3 weeks since having a new crown fitted. If i lie on the opposite side to the crown the taste goes away. I think there is some sort o bi metallic chemical reaction going on so i am going to ask my dentist to change the new crown to gold like my others. Will let you know if it works.

The only thing I have been able to associate with the saltiness is smoking American Spirit cigarettes. Wonder if there is a connection

Blocked salivary gland!!

Am no doctor so take my advice with a very large dose of caution. The antibiotics you took for the MRSA have probably killed off most of your good gut bacteria. In its place has grown an unhealthy balance of gut flora probably dominated by candida. One to find out if I am right is to: 1) avoid sugary food at all costs including any sauces as they all have sugar. Take 5 mg of high quality L-glutamine, take a zinc and very good multivitamin with lots of Vitamin b. Avoid alcohol, smokes and yeast. Eat genuine sour dough breads not made with yeast. Avoid any fermentation products. Detoxing like this can be uncomfortable during bacteria die off. Drink lots of water - at least 2 l/day. Contrary to what I have said start each day with a table spoon of apple cider vinegar. For the moment avoid fruit and honey. Let the sugar loving bacteria die off before you slowly reintroduce fruit. I hope this helps you. It saves me and I have had similar symptoms.

How are you doing now! I have almost same symptoms...