what should ido tobe releaved from head twitch on left side above ear

hi, you need to ask a doctor for medications. im not sure i have the same thing, becouse when im around people my head shakes or movers weird, i thought it becouse im shy, but im not sure, so its better to ask a doctor for better info.

I have had problems with muscle twitches too, muscles and sometimes for a few seconds on the right side above my ear. It could be a serotonin imbalance. I was on a low dose of zoloft for awhile for muscle twitches and it got much better. I am not on it now but surprised it worked because usually zoloft is given to individuals with depression problems.

first it started with left eyelid twitch which has now gone to left side of the head.....what is the reason for this/

I have had twitch on the left side of my head beside my eye for about two weeks now follow by sharp pains

I have the same thing.   I had a muscle spasm , movement about my left ear for a couple of days and then I got ear pain.  So I went to the ER and I had a really bad ear infection.  Its only been about a week but Im going to see my PCP.  I think my ears are still infected...because Im getting that same movement about my left ear (TMJ area) and a little above that ...Sometimes it feels like it will go across my face.  I had one in my lower cheek and one in my eyebrow but thats it.

First time ever that it is happened...I am not sure what to think.  I have allergies and thought it was a possible tooth infection as well.  I will post what my doctor says since its scary to me.  Let me know if anyone else has had this recently and what did your doctor say...thanks jP

Hello everyone! I've been suffering from these freaking twitches for over two years now. My neurologist recommend botulinum toxin (aka botox) which could calm down that muscle ("muscle temporalis" just above the ear) for quite a while. I actually never tried that! Instead I went to the doctor again and did a blood analysis. It turned out that there was a significant lack of vitamin D. Since February when I started to take magnesium as well as vitamin D on a daily basis the symptoms are almost gone... :-) Cheers from Switzerland, Chris

that twitching is cause by the muscles in your neck. This can happen due to different circumstances, for example: sleeping in a bad position, cracking your neck, your TMJ (temporomandibular joints) ligaments get tire of chewing, or the most common that is stress and anxiety. This cause that most of your muscles in your neck get tension and pinch a nerve that go to your head. For better diagnostic please go to your primary care Physician, so he or she can do some test on you and find the specific cause of it.

If anyone is still wondering about the muscle twitches, there are a few causes that can cause muscles to twitch. Muscle twitching from these examples can be located in different places, arms, legs, by neck, shoulders hands, etc.

Causes:

Diet - If you don't have the right diet your muscles wont be able to function properly, this can include drinks because of it's caffeine content, as well as lack of nutrition from the foods

Caffeine - Consuming too much caffeine can cause muscle spasms, as well as: twitching, restlessness, headache, abnormal heart rhythm, anxiety and anxiousness

Stress/Anxiety - Probably one of the number one causes of muscle twitches. Stress puts a great deal of tension on your muscles and your nerves. Under that level of tension, your muscles experience a rush of hormones and unusual blood flow

Lack of sleep - Again, putting tension onto your muscles, making them work for longer than they should do which can lead the twitching of muscles.

Playing video games - This can be caused by a variation of reasons

Autoimmune disorders - such as Isaac syndrome

Drug overdose - caffeine, amphetamines, or other stimulants. particularly caffeine, is often responsible for muscle twitching. High levels of alcohol, narcotics, barbiturates, and anti-anxiety medications can also cause muscles to spasm.

Injury - Muscle contractions can also occur after injuries, such as broken bones. And injury to the muscle alone can cause it to cramp, spasm, or twitch uncontrollably.

Stroke - Usually an uncommon cause of muscle twitching that usually is accompanied by other symptoms. Weakness on the one side of your body, sometimes aches, etc.

Exercise - Exercise is a common cause of muscle twitching. Vigorous activity, whether sports or simply unaccustomed activities, can cause muscle fatigue or cramps. This can occur during the activity, or hours later.

----------------------------------------------------------------Nervous System Conditions-------------------------------------------------------

Muscular Dystrophy - Muscular dystrophy is another inherited condition that cause muscles to twitch, shrink, and weaken. While the condition can affect adults, it is most common in children.

Spinal Muscular Atrophy - Spinal muscular atrophy is a collection of muscle diseases. This genetic condition causes muscle weakness, involuntary twitching, and respiratory problems.

Lou Gehrig’s Disease - Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), commonly known as Lou Gehrig’s disease, is another cause of muscle twitching. ALS is a progressive and fatal neurological disease that attacks the nerve cells responsible for controlling muscle.

Nerve Damage - If injury or damage occurs to a nerve that leads to a muscle, the result can be involuntary muscle contractions.

Weak Muscles - Weak muscles, or myopathy, can cause cramps and twitching. People with this condition have deteriorating muscles that result in dysfunction, weakness, and atrophy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Examples of the reasons why your muscles twitch, the top twitches are called *benign twitches*. They're both common and harmless and should go away after a few days, hours or even minutes. And this again can be caused by stress, etc.

Pain, cramps, aches, etc. If you have similar to these, you should visit your GP.

Hi, I've had the same twitching above the ear for over 3 weeks now. I would have a painless twitch about every hour and it would last a while. I thought it was stress and I'm sure that is part of it, but I dont feel that stressed and I've done some meditation and deep breathing. That didn't really make a difference. After some research I throught it may be a magnesium deficiency. I thought I would give it a shot. 

I added some magnesium rich foods to my diet: Baby spinach, raw pumpkin seeds and dark chocolate. I also soaked my feet in an Epsom salt bath. The twitching disappeared that same day and so far hasn't come back! 

It's worth a shot. Hope it helps. 

Folks,

I've had twitching an muscle tightness all over my head for the past 27 years.  Nothing has ever come of it.  I also get popping in my ears and figure it's related to either neck problems or sinus or both.  I've also suffered from bouts of anxiety and depression.  It could all be interelated.  Who knows?  I've learned to ignore it and just carry on.  I figured it's not worth worrying about it.  I just deal with it.  The weird thing is that my head muscles get really tight and twitchy if I wash my head in the morning.  Not so much if I wait and shower late in the day.  Weird junk to deal with but I figure if it was serious or progressive, I'd be dead by now.  People can learn to just live with it.  I'm living proof.

Small changes that your body notices is often a message that something is off. I'm not saying be a paranoid hypochondriac, but take note of what your body is telling you. Ignoring problems and pretending they aren't there (aka refusing to "face another problem") is the worst thing you can do to yourself. In healthcare we see so many cases of illness that could have been treated had they not ignored their symptoms out of fear or carelessness.

This is so odd that I've read so many people have the same thing happening to them but no result as to why. This twitching thing has been happening to me since last night and it's been driving me crazy. It's random but constant. It reminds me of the little twitch you sometimes get on your eyelid, but it's in my head. Not on my scalp or my scull, but possibly my brain. It's so odd. I've been worried about it because it's true, you do think the worst of it. The thing about my case is that I haven't had any major accidents or trauma. When it happens, I'm usually laying down or sitting but not actually doing anything. I also hear a ringing in my left ear, which is the side that it twitches. Is there a cure? Or remedy to make it go away?

Learn how to f*****g spell.

Hi! I am literally going through the EXACT same thing, for 8 months now. Did this ever resolve for you? I sure hope you reply!! I'm going to have a breakdown if this doesn't end.