Hi, my daughter has headaches, numbness and stiff neck. I heard that meningitis has the same symptoms, and I’m so scared that she could have this disease. Are there any other conditions that might be causing stiffness and numbness in neck?

You suspect on meningitis and you still haven’t been in the hospital?? Your daughter has to be examined. Anyway, there are some other possible causes of stiff neck and numbness. For example, my mother had the same problem because of the spine injury. It was serious, and she had to be operated. On the other hand, it can be caused by a simple flu or infection. Many people have stiff neck when they’re sick, along with the high temperature. Everyone with those symptoms should be professionally diagnosed, because the time is crucial if someone has to be treated.