I haven't cut myself for a while now. But I still get strong urges.... What are some healthy alternatives that I can do instead of cutting?

Hai. I am sorry but i really dont understand what is your requirements for this problem. I would like to help you but I need to know what is your actual problem so that I could help you. In your mean what do you mean by cutting, is it your diet or exercise or your daily living activity. Any way email me if you have requirements

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

Cutting...like hurting myself.

Why do you want to cut yourself? you can do something else rather then hurting yourself. you could go for a walk or for a holiday...go for a vacation any part of the country...go and relax your self rather then hurting yourself.

As a friend to you please dont hurt your self......

Cutting is my way of coping with stuff.... it's like an addiction.thank you for the ideas:)

Hi amychris, there are alternatives to cutting and ill get to those but first it is important to acknowledge that cutting is a way of relieving pain. Do you have a trusted adult who you can trust and reach out to for help? A parent, teacher, counselor, aunt? Alternative like exercise or meditation could help as they release feel good chemicals in your brain. But do get help for the core issues that are causing the cutting. Wishing you all the best.

Yes,Thank you:)

Hey, Im 23 now and i used to cut myself when i was 15-17. i was depressed and seemed like that was my only escape. but its not, and i know it isnt always easy to hear, but seriously. Get a diary, and jst write and write and write until your fingers hurt. write down every detail and emotion of how your feeling, in a few years youll be able to look back and laugh and say how silly you were. trust me, cutting does nothing but make things worse, and those are scars that are there forever. Last February i got a tattoo to cover uo my cuts, but in all actuality, it makes them more noticable. so like i said write write write, or see if you can find a doctor to talk to, talking helps, but not everyone understands. dont sweat the small stuff. keep your chin upp