Hey guys,

do you have meal plan recommendation for diabetic patient following exchange diet program? If you don’t, where did you found it? 

Can I use the American dietetic association food exchange lists, just to check out some serving size for every meal that I prepare, and to see what foods are really available for every single group of foods or should I follow something other?

Can you tell me what groceries are in this meal plan? That is one of the ways that will help me make my own diet menu plan for this diet.

Actually, this one is for my mother, but it doesn't make any difference, right?

Thanks

yes, you can use American Dietetic Association food exchange list for this diet. Basically, that list is one that you should be focused on when you are on this exchange diet. One thing for sure, you will not be hungry if you follow this diet, because the list of the groceries is very,very long. Here is simple menu plan for the breakfast: 

1/2 english muffin,

one cup of 1% milk,

1/2 cup of orange juice.

You can use diet margarine and drink coffee or tea, but without sugar. 

You can find some amazing list on the internet for 7 day diet exchange program. You will see what do you need to exchange and when.

Good luck. I really hope that this diet program will help your mom.

I have one simple menu, that I can share with you. You will see that is easy to follow this program, so don’t be afraid about it. First, your daily meal plan should be planned according to your metabolism and organism. This simple menu is for someone who needs 1,200 to 1,600 calories per day.

For breakfast, you can eat wheat pancakes or even waffles, one piece of some fruit and 3 cups of berries. Also, you can drink fat – free vanilla yogurt.

For lunch, eat fat – free cheese, vegetarian pie. After, you can eat one medium apple.

For dinner, eat some beef stroganoff, carrots, some salad, spinach, tomato, chopped bell pepper. I am not sure, but I think that you can drink a little bit of red vine. I am not sure, check this.

You can grab a snack, such as unsalted rice cake.  

It is easy :)