2 weeks ago, my girlfriend and I had sex. I wore a condom and she's on her period. I came inside but luckily the condom did not broke. As I pulled out, I checked the condom and is not broken and and my little mes are still inside.  inside. I unwrapped the condom far away from her just to be sure. 2 days later, she broke up with me because she thought I just used her for sexual means. Despite the accusation, I gave up and moved on. Then yesterday, out of the sudden she apologized to me and said she wants us to be together again. If course I said no. Then she begins to tell me that she was pregnant. I was shock yet sceptical at first. Note that she was a single mom and delivered a baby boy last august. She then told me that she never had her period for almost 2 weeks now and she felt discomfort towards to food and is picky. She claimed that she vomited a while ago like 8 pm when vomiting caused by nausea of pregnant women only occur during morning, known as morning sickness.

I am confident due to the fact that its impossible. Her period, together with me wearing a condom, is safe out of risk of pregnancy. However, because of her whatnot feelings, I beginning to lose my confidence and panicked. 

We are having a pregnancy test this coming 12 pm. Hope I got some straight answer fast. Wish me luck guys

Hi Dave,

Two weeks ago and she was on her period?  That would mean that you had sex probably before day 6 of her cycle.  In that case it is VERY unlikely that she'd be pregnant - it is too early.  She wouldn't be expected to ovulate until between days 11-16.  Sperm can survive up to about 5 days - max.

FYI, no form of birth control is 100% effective - NONE.  A woman can also have nausea at any time, not just the morning.  Even so, it is VERY early for her to have ANY symptoms.

Still, I doubt she is pregnant.  I think she's trying to draw you back to her.

It it also TOO EARLY to test.  She need to wait until her period is due which should be just over a week away.  Testing now any test should read "not pregnant."

She's setting you up.

Still, I have less risk of pregnancy right?

By the way it was during Nov. 27 when we have sex. December 11 when she broke up with me. And December 12 that she claimed that she was pregnant. And now she told me that during Nov 27 it was the start of her period.

If her period started on November 27 then it is EXTREMELY unlikely that she is pregnant having sex then. She'd be at her lowest fertility. Sperm would not survive for the 10 or more days before she ovulated.

Hope it helps.

Thanks doc. It gives me a great boost of relief. Im happy to have a child but sadly not now. Maybe when im 30 or 40 with great possible wealth, thwn its time. Once again thank you.

Doc? Can you help me understand my gf? I forward your message to her but since shes a foreigner she cant understand much. So now, im asking you with a simple question (im sorry but this is for her): pregnant or not pregnant?

NOT pregnant.

The timing of when you had sex makes it very unlikely.

Hi doc
Sorry but i made another problem. My gf likes to try sex without using condom during her first period. She insisted that we should try although i indulge her not to however she keeps on insisting. Now, i did it for pete's sake. We had sex during her first day of her cycle, would iy make her pregnant,?