I would like to ask you a question. I have been cycling for a quite some time. It helped me to improve my health and mind. I had many benefits from those rides. I have been experiencing a pain in my hips lately. My brother says that it must be from cycling but I have serious doubts about that. What do you thing about hip pain from cycling only?

Like you, I have serious doubts about that. I don’t know anybody who got pains in the hip from cycling. Even if it is true there must be an underlying hip problem and cycling is making it worse. But I don’t think the main reason lies in your bike. One thing though, in many cases a pain in the hip is caused by the protruding disc in your spine, usually around L5 vertebrae. So the real problem might be lying in your spine, not your hip. In such case, leaning too much forward during the ride may aggravate the problem. Anyway you have to go and see your doctor to find the culprit.