I have a problem and I don’t know what to do. I’ve started cycling recently and very soon after that the pain in my knee appeared. I suppose that its form cycling and I don’t know why that happens. I don’t have strenuous training routine and I always take care not to exhaust myself. Any suggestions on how to solve this problem?

The pain in knee is a very frequent cycling injury. The most usual reason for this pain is IT band syndrome. This syndrome starts actually when this tissue becomes to tense due to extensive training. It’s usually at the beginning of the training season and it can happen to rookies like yourself, because you had most probably been inactive for a long period of time and after that when you started cycling. Even if you don’t exaggerate this new activity is stressful for your muscles and I think that at the beginning of training process there should be longer pauses between training in order for muscles to rest and relax. It would be best to go to your doctor and see how to eliminate this pain as soon as possible.